JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years ago I bought a 375 HH because I was heading on a safari and wanted an "Afirca gun" even though I wasn't hunting dangerous game (and sold a perfectly good 338 win to get it :( ). It shoots reasonably well and I can handle the recoil but it's far from fun, and down right unbearable after about 15-20 rounds. The rifle is a synthetic model 700 and only weighs about 7lbs which is wonderful for packing but like I said takes all the fun out of shooting it. I bow hunt elk and have a wonderful load for my '06 that puts 5 Partitions into sub MOA groups at over 2800fps so I really don't need the 375 but can't bring myself to sell it due to its sentimental value after taking it to Africa. I was thinking about developing a load that would throttle it WAY back to the "fun" realm but keep it able to still flatten anything I point at it. I'd like it to keep a 250-270 grn bullet inside of about 2.5" at 100yds without it having the trajectory of a rainbow. All the reloading manuals/tables I've seen have loads in the near to the same ranges or higher than the factory ammo. What would be a good starting point for a load as I described? Or is this all a pipe dream trying to make this cartridge something it's not?

I have some RL 19, 22 and 25, lots of Hunter and a couple pounds of IMR and H4350 to choose from...

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads