JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a trigger job on my Glock the other day.Kinda fun just disassembling a firearm and putting it back together.It would scare me to just think of doing this.
Now I like the challenge and heck,if I can't get it back together right,I know a few people that can!
The local cowboy shooter pimps up the lever guns and shotties for the other cowboy shooters.Costs $150 to do.I was surprised at how rough the internals really are.Rough edges and castings.The machine work isn't polished by any means.

So I started to disassemble the rifle.Trying to watch where everything was falling from,lol.And some stuff did fall out before I could see from where.
Not a problem.Simple,can't go any other way reassemble.I took a fine file to the corners and the sides .Then the emery cloth to everything.Last was the spot the blot hit the hammer.
Seems a little smoother.Could have spent another hour making it looked like someone cared before the let the gun out of the factory,though.

Anyway,it was fun.Seeing the way the gun works from the inside is great.:s0155:

And remember,don't load the gun or try it until you are out at a rock pit with everyone behind you to ensure you have reassembled the gun properly

I always take pics with my cell phone before disassembling things and more pics as I progess thru the process. I've watched the guys on the tv show "American Restoration" dismantle complex machines built centuries ago and refer back to pics for finite reassemble issues. In doing so, you build a reference for that gun if you should need to reference the pics for later use.
Some guns have manuals online showing assembly and disassemble but many don't. Some have good graphics or pics and others don't. Also, read the instruction because they may recommend not removing a component because it then requires a gun smith to reassemble. As an example, if a part is pressed into a hole a fixed distance and I pull it out without measuring. Now I have no reference point. Hope this post help someone someday. I've been there and said "nooooo...I did not just do that...."

Back when I got my guide gun I found this website quite useful. Here you go, for future reference, for any other who might stumble over this thread: irons.

I love my gg. This is what I did to it. 405gr subsonic slugs are quiet and very deadly.