JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I will say I was waiting for your response. The only tackle I understand is on the field. Lol! Listen. I can see if it's salmon or deep see fishing with all those sparkling things. But bass?!!! He has 7 poles for himself alone on the boat at all times. Obsessive is a word I think of.

It's not the fish, it's the fishing.
We were in Utah, Salt Lake Valley. My Dad took me fishing when I was very young. We took Grandpa (Moms dad) up to the lake and fished off the bank. Later after grandpa was gone we we went and rented a boat. I must have been 5-6 when this started. I couldn't' tell you why, but something got inside me. I'd fish in the damned irrigation ditch in front of my house! I'd goof around in the canals with baby catfish when they emptied them in the fall. Me and the neighbor kid would ride our bikes 5-6 miles, or more, to fish the 2-3 in the valley. And The Jordan river for carp and suckers. I drooled over every stream I ever saw when we were on the road traveling. It WAS a great time to be a fisherman too, that helped. All waters were open to fishing. See a creek, park, cross the barbed wire fence and sling a worm on a hook with a swivel, and a split shot or two. Tasty trout were to be had practically anywhere there was water, moving or still.

When I started driving I'd head up the canyon on my Honda 90 with some gear, and my BS mess kit and catch a couple little trout and cook 'em up. We fished waters from the low valleys to the high mountains of the mountain states. A lot of those waters are now considered "Blue Ribbon".

I was terribly disappointed when I moved here, to PDX. :( SQUAW FISH was all I could catch! It was two hours to get to the mountain lakes. I got into sturgeon. But you couldn't keep them unless they were 36". And I thought they were terrible eating. I learned you don't steak them up, and cook.:oops: Anyway, this is too long. I got introduced to salmon and steelhead and went crazy with that until those numbers went to crap here several years ago. Now I've mostly lost the urge, sold a bunch of tackle and am going to get out of potland. The Willamette and Columbia were pretty much all that were keeping me here. "Portland" was pretty okay, WAS being the operative term. We'll be down around coastal lakes fishing for perch and bass.

It's not the fish, it's the fishing. :s0092:

He had $50.00 lures. Now if im
Catching salmon and halibut? Yea I'd spend some money. But bass?

There's a feel....As you're dragging that 6" worm through the weeds. It stops. You lift the rod ever so slightly...it stops, but you feel a very subtle give in the tension of the line. You notice the line going into the water moving sideways....That's what it's all about.

It's not the fish, it's the fishing.
We were in Utah, Salt Lake Valley. My Dad took me fishing when I was very young. We took Grandpa (Moms dad) up to the lake and fished off the bank. Later after grandpa was gone we we went and rented a boat. I must have been 5-6 when this started. I couldn't' tell you why, but something got inside me. I'd fish in the damned irrigation ditch in front of my house! I'd goof around in the canals with baby catfish when they emptied them in the fall. Me and the neighbor kid would ride our bikes 5-6 miles, or more, to fish the 2-3 in the valley. And The Jordan river for carp and suckers. I drooled over every stream I ever saw when we were on the road traveling. It WAS a great time to be a fisherman too, that helped. All waters were open to fishing. See a creek, park, cross the barbed wire fence and sling a worm on a hook with a swivel, and a split shot or two. Tasty trout were to be had practically anywhere there was water, moving or still.

When I started driving I'd head up the canyon on my Honda 90 with some gear, and my BS mess kit and catch a couple little trout and cook 'em up. We fished waters from the low valleys to the high mountains of the mountain states. A lot of those waters are now considered "Blue Ribbon".

I was terribly disappointed when I moved here, to PDX. :( SQUAW FISH was all I could catch! It was two hours to get to the mountain lakes. I got into sturgeon. But you couldn't keep them unless they were 36". And I thought they were terrible eating. I learned you don't steak them up, and cook.:oops: Anyway, this is too long. I got introduced to salmon and steelhead and went crazy with that until those numbers went to crap here several years ago. Now I've mostly lost the urge, sold a bunch of tackle and am going to get out of potland. The Willamette and Columbia were pretty much all that were keeping me here. "Portland" was pretty okay, WAS being the operative term. We'll be down around coastal lakes fishing for perch and bass.

It's not the fish, it's the fishing. :s0092:

There's a feel....As you're dragging that 6" worm through the weeds. It stops. You lift the rod ever so slightly...it stops, but you feel a very subtle give in the tension of the line. You notice the line going into the water moving sideways....That's what it's all about.

THE TUG IS THE DRUG!!!!;)

This is how I see myself when fishing.;)

5036446D-BA3A-41C5-85D2-4E69572102F5.jpeg

THE TUG IS THE DRUG!!!!;)

Truer words......

I always put it that the only part worth repeating over and over is the "Take", what ever that may be, and the hook-set. After that it's pretty much all the same. You either get it landed, however that may be, or it comes unhooked. To much tension, fighting a fish. I used to get so twisted up fighting a good salmon. There was once I became physically ill! Thought I was going to lose my sandwich after we got back to the hog-line. It was much easier standing with the net, watching Wifey get all twisted up. I'm not sure she went through that, now that I think about it? She just kept her mouth shut during the fight with that 44 1/2 # Columbia fall chinook some years ago!

I gladly took the fishing rod away from my wife when she started complaining that a 38lb salmon was hurting her.
She was pregnant at the time and that is the only time she willing gave up on a fish.
The boat could be sinking and she'd have been hard pressed to give up the fight.

Well I will say I was waiting for your response. The only tackle I understand is on the field. Lol! Listen. I can see if it's salmon or deep see fishing with all those sparkling things. But bass?!!! He has 7 poles for himself alone on the boat at all times. Obsessive is a word I think of.

When I'm trolling for salmon in the ocean or kokanee and trout in the lakes, I keep three fiberglass downrigger rods (two fishing and one spare) in the boat and two rods rigged for divers or ling line (one fishing, one spare). Probably $1250 in rods and reels if salmon fishing and $900 if kokanee and trout fishing.

If bass fishing, I'll have easily $2000 in rods/reels. A drop shot rod, a spinning rod for smaller plastics, a crankbait rod, two medium baitcasters with jerkbaits and heavier plastics, a spinnerbait rod and a frog rod. Plus all the gear.

When I'm trolling for salmon in the ocean or kokanee and trout in the lakes, I keep three fiberglass downrigger rods (two fishing and one spare) in the boat and two rods rigged for divers or ling line (one fishing, one spare). Probably $1250 in rods and reels if salmon fishing and $900 if kokanee and trout fishing.

If bass fishing, I'll have easily $2000 in rods/reels. A drop shot rod, a spinning rod for smaller plastics, a crankbait rod, two medium baitcasters with jerkbaits and heavier plastics, a spinnerbait rod and a frog rod. Plus all the gear.
But that's just it, I'm not talking about rods and reels and down riggers. I'm talking about rubber worms and hooks only.

Maybe he loses lots of gear? I probably have about $400 to $500 in lures/terminal tackle for bass
He's also probably the guy who thinks that $50 lure works any better than a 5" pumpkin senko...
I only fish with Owner hooks anymore, and they're spendy at 50 cents a piece!
:s0140:
Just wish owner made better/bigger saltwater jig heads...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top