JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I have decided I need a T/C, with the first caliber in .22lr. I am looking for a rifle that is accurate, can have a threaded barrel and breaks down easy for carrying on my motorcycle. Here is a link to the thread that got this started, http://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/take-down-22-non-semi-auto.165617/

This lead me to looking at the T/C since it seems to fit what I am looking for. I am kinda confused about what is what. It appears that buying new I am looking at a G2 or a Pro Hunter. I do like the look of the Pro Hunter with the Flextech stocks and stainless finish. Are they the same thing with different furniture or are they completely different units? At some point I would like to use this as a "handgun" also so does that mean I have to buy a G2 first and build it up?

I see lots of good reports of accuracy but since I need the barrel threaded I was thinking of going aftermarket. I read all kinds of mixed reviews on the aftermarket companies and it seems to depend on what year the question was asked. I have emailed EABCO as they look like they can set up and supply me with a complete unit. Has anyone ever dealt with them or any of the other aftermarket barrel/part makers?

I plan on topping this barrel off with a 2-7x low profile scope of some kind.

An SBR/SBS is an SBR/SBS no matter if it is a T/C or any other firearm. Those laws have been in place since 1934 and are very clear what is what.

Yes, but...

According to the SCOTUS you can put a rifle barrel and shoulder stock on the TC handgun frame without it becoming a stocked handgun. It then becomes a rifle.

However, if you buy the very same frame as a rifle, then take the stock off, put handgun grips on it and put a short handgun barrel on it, this is an SBR and not a handgun.

Exact same frames - just one was bought as a handgun and one was bought as a rifle.

So, you are legal, i.e., do not make a SBR by converting a TC handgun frame to a rifle by first putting the 16" or longer barrel on it, then putting the shoulder stock on it. This will NOT be a handgun with a shoulder stock in that configuration - it will be a non-NFA rifle.

If you then take the shoulder stock off, and the rifle barrel off, put on handgun grips and put a handgun barrel, it is a handgun again - not an SBR.

Prior to the SCOTUS decision in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Thompson-Center_Arms_Company the ATF held that reassembling that frame as a handgun without a permit for an SBR violated the NFA in that "once a rifle, always a rifle" - even if you had converted from a handgun to a rifle, you could not then convert back to a handgun even though the frame started as a handgun.

After the SCOTUS decision, you could convert back to a handgun - but ONLY if you started with a handgun frame. Doing so with a rifle frame made a SBR. Again, physically same frame, but one was sold as a handgun and another as a rifle.

My point is, that if you want to convert back and forth without getting a tax stamp for a SBR, and stay out of prison, get a handgun frame.

That said, you mentioned you have or will have a suppressor, so getting a permit for an SBR is no big deal to you, except for the cost of the tax stamp. Personally, I prefer not to have NFA firearms as I like to fly lower under the radar, and I prefer not to spend the money. I would like a suppressor, but not that much. YMMV

Correct. The point was this is no different then any other firearm. There are MANY guns that can easily be configured many ways and that law that dictates what they can be and when legally has been in place since 1934. This is nothing new or specific to the T/C. Do you own an AR-15 rifle and pistol, or maybe just a pistol lower but multiple uppers, SAME laws apply.

I will leave this here for you to get more ideas

TCContenderinteg221w-1.jpg TCContenderinteg22w-1.jpg TCContenderinteg223w-1.jpg DSCN2247w.jpg TCContenderinteg224w-1.jpg TCContenderinteg222w-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top