JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 45 Auto Syntech are my favorite factory rounds to shoot. Went through 300 right before the ammo situation hit and bummed that they are not around (for what I'm willing to pay). Perceived recoil was much lower than other rounds (for me anyway). Just picked up some of the 150 grain for 9mm.

Burned up all the odd purple ammo in the subgun this weekend. Nary a problem. (I haven't tried it in wife's handgun in 9㎜ Parabellum as she had it whilst traveling this weekend.) So, could see buying more. Thanks for the insights. :)

So some .44 Special fodder came in and ... they are sometimes red too.

Rojo - Copy.jpg

I really think syntech is one of the best target ammunitions available, but I would wonder about the defense loads being much better than say Fiochi or Gecko.

1665512075150.png

OMG.....even with bullets? Rrrrrright......so much equity, diversity, tolerance, inclusion, and acceptance.

All while I'm still using bullets that are nekked lead and lubed.

Aloha, Mark

Since my post on the 45 version of these (over a year ago) I've had the chance to shoot some of the 150 grain 9mm rounds. I had a box of 124 gr Blazer Brass going downrange at the same session. The 150 Syntech had much less noticeable recoil. It really surprised me as I don't really perceive much difference in factory 9mm rounds. Pricier than regular range ammo but will explore their use in some situations.

Fed Syntech colors,
Red = Range ammo
Purple = Match ammo
Blue = Defense

I bought and shot 4 boxes of the .45 acp, blue, defense ammo in a 5 inch Ruger 1911. Seemed to perform fine, don't recall if the recoil felt different or not. I'd have bought more but first the ammo crunch hit and then Wally quit selling ammo and thus I have not seen any out here since.

Since no one asked.......
What is the downside to the environment?

Lead vs. Powder Coated vs. Poly Coated

Inquiring minds wanna know. Yeah.....I suppose more of them will be showing up in the "berm" as time goes on. Hummmm......a possible release of toxic gases maybe? Well, more (or maybe less) than the standard lead bullets?

Aloha, Mark

Since no one asked.......
What is the downside to the environment?

Lead vs. Powder Coated vs. Poly Coated

Inquiring minds wanna know. Yeah.....I suppose more of them will be showing up in the "berm" as time goes on. Hummmm......a possible release of toxic gases maybe? Well, more (or maybe less) than the standard lead bullets?

Aloha, Mark
probably as healthy as using the Trager lol

Several years ago (5 or 6 ???) when the Syntech ammo just came out they were selling 1K cases at good prices.
I bought a case of 9mm.
It was the DIRTIEST factory ammo I've ever shot. I mean, really bad.
Anyone else have this issue?
Has it improved over the past several years?

Several years ago (5 or 6 ???) when the Syntech ammo just came out they were selling 1K cases at good prices.
I bought a case of 9mm.
It was the DIRTIEST factory ammo I've ever shot. I mean, really bad.
Anyone else have this issue?
Has it improved over the past several years?
I bought some Syntech when they first came out and were relatively cheap - cheaper than copper plated. I didn't notice any appreciable residue left over. They shot well out of my 4.5" Tanfoglios.

Since the price went up compared to copper plate, I haven't purchased anymore.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top