Sweet home area

Reactions
Does anybody know of any places to shoot in
The Sweet Home / Cascadia area? Some friends and I are planning a few days camping there and want to find a spot to plink while we are around.

Reactions
Well you could go up to Green peter lake (hold the jokes) just take a left right after Foster lake. Lots of camp sights and you could shoot up on Bald peter (again I did not name this) .Have fun.

OP
B
Reactions
Hehe... Yea, I have been driving that way to Cascadia for 10+ years now and I never fail to chuckle. Same when I drive past Boring or Dufur Oregon.

The legend goes that when weary travelers stop in Dufur the locals always say "What can I du-fur Ya'?" Hence the namesake.

Thanks for the heads up, I see that there is lots of BLM land around there so it shouldn't be too hard to find a nice spot.

Reactions
Agreed, any place up in the mountains outside of sweet home area.
Also, Please take out, what you take in, plus a little bit more. And no shooting of glass of any sort. Thank you.

Stay Safe.

OP
B
Reactions
If you go up that way go 27 miles past the last light in sweethome ,nice campsight
Up the byway I assume? What would be the last light? Is it a marked campground?

I looove Cascadia, its got everything..waterfalls, hiking, swimming holes, history, petroglyphs and star gazing. Sadly also too many people but still..nice.

OP
B
Reactions
Last street signal is at 18th and hwy 20 (you will see a Les Shwabs and a couple gas stations there) and the last street lamp is just past the scales east of town by the boat ramp...I think. Petroglyphs? I need to go have a look myself :)
If you hike past the group camps at Cascadia about a mile they are under a cave like overhang. I wish I remember all the turns to get there (it's a bit tricky to find) and the camp hosts don't usually know about them. They are supposedly some of the oldest on the west coast 5000+ years and completely unprotected so the ranger has told me in the past they don't want a bunch of people to know about them for that reason. It was a travelers map of sorts that the indians used to give directions they say.

Some jerk kids have already added their own "art".

I only finally learned of them a few years back..pretty awesome.

Here's a few pics.

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/5928773/1/Petro?h=aa2acc

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom