JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a M96 Swede in 6.5x55, and the barrel is like 2 feet of bad road inside. I should have had it rebarreled long ago when there were more barrels available for those kinds of projects. You can get a Shilen or maybe a Douglas in the original military contour, but they are expensive, approaching $500. That is just the barrel, in the white, not installed. I just put together a 98 Mauser in 6.5x55. Sporter contour barrel, short chambered and threaded for a 98 Mauser. Got that barrel from Brownells for $100. The Swedish small rings have a different thread pitch, so it's difficult to find a "drop in" barrel, particularly if you want to keep the military fore end intact. You can contact Pac-Nor, Shilen, Lilja, Douglas, they would all be happy to turn you a barrel, short chamber and thread it, but it ain't gonna be cheap.

Honestly, if your rifle still shoots OK, leave it alone. I can still take riverbottom whitetails and black timber elk with mine, and it kills 'em dead at under 100 yards.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top