JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a M96 Swede in 6.5x55, and the barrel is like 2 feet of bad road inside. I should have had it rebarreled long ago when there were more barrels available for those kinds of projects. You can get a Shilen or maybe a Douglas in the original military contour, but they are expensive, approaching $500. That is just the barrel, in the white, not installed. I just put together a 98 Mauser in 6.5x55. Sporter contour barrel, short chambered and threaded for a 98 Mauser. Got that barrel from Brownells for $100. The Swedish small rings have a different thread pitch, so it's difficult to find a "drop in" barrel, particularly if you want to keep the military fore end intact. You can contact Pac-Nor, Shilen, Lilja, Douglas, they would all be happy to turn you a barrel, short chamber and thread it, but it ain't gonna be cheap.

Honestly, if your rifle still shoots OK, leave it alone. I can still take riverbottom whitetails and black timber elk with mine, and it kills 'em dead at under 100 yards.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews