JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've read in a few threads that guys have had issues with surplus ammo in their PTR-91's. Has anyone had issue's with their AR-10's or LR-308's? I'm in the market for a .308 rifle and don't want to buy something that won't shoot "milspec" ammo.

I shoot brown bear non laquered steel case in my hk 91 with zero issues. I've also shot the same brand in 5.56 with no issues, so I'm very happy with that brand of russian ammo.
My .02.

I shoot primarily South African. It works in 2 AR-10s and every G3/HK21/PTR-91/V-51 I've seen.

I did hear from someone with a PTR-91 that they were having jams with Remington Core-Lokt, but I don't know why.

I shoot primarily South African. It works in 2 AR-10s and every G3/HK21/PTR-91/V-51 I've seen.

I did hear from someone with a PTR-91 that they were having jams with Remington Core-Lokt, but I don't know why.

Some of the soft point bullets are too long and have a feeding issue...I have experienced that with a few 308 AR units...

PTR 91 should eat everything that is 7.62 NATO but some of the '.308 Winchester' could be a problem.

Do not shoot South African out of your SR25 with a Suppressor. It would be like running kerosene in your Porsche.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads