JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to get a can (soon) for a 14.5" SBR'd AR15. Now there is almost too much information out there-- all telling me which can is best (of course it's always the one that they make:) ). I would greatly appreciate some help from local can owners. Especially info as to who go to to purchase my new can.

So far I like the AAC M4-2000 and the Gem-Tec Halo, but that is just from reading their published info. Another other help would be great.

Thanks all.

Why is the 14.5" SBR'd?

You just need to weld an AAC 51-T quick disconnect flash/muzzle break to the 14.5" which makes the barrel 16" in the eyes of the ATF.

It just screws/fits over the top. That is what the AAC M4-2000 uses. Other manufacturers have similar setups. The suppressor is then sitting out 1.5" shorter than the typical thread-on setup or if you were using a QD on a full length 16".

I agree with coctailer swr/silencerco have great products and the best customer service around as for best places to buy in the area I haven't found anybody that can beat ortwein or jc weaponry for service or price

Do yourself a favor (I regret not doing it) and buy yourself a 7.62 can (if you have use for it). I am kicking myself for not going 7.62 and being able to use it on both. I really like the SWR Specwar and I am in a lock between that and the ThunderBeast 30P-1 for use on 7.62.
I would stick with SWR or SilencerCo. They seem to make good products, warranty them for life and are less expensive than the Surefire. I am not too pleased with my YHM.

I did not realize you need to pay a 200 dollar tax. get 2 background checks, get permission from the sherif AND wait 6 months.. to hell with that.. not even worth it.. ill compromise if i get into a "survival pinch".

I did not realize you need to pay a 200 dollar tax. get 2 background checks, get permission from the sherif AND wait 6 months.. to hell with that.. not even worth it.. ill compromise if i get into a "survival pinch".

Don't forget the high price tag of the suppressor. That alone turns away the frugal minded firearm enthusiast.

Don't forget the high price tag of the suppressor. That alone turns away the frugal minded firearm enthusiast.

The combination of the two is the hard part for me. When you can average around a grand a piece between the cost and the stamp then not see it for months, it can feel like a money pit for even those of us who aren't as frugal.

Gemtech HALO's are only 700 bucks.. not too bad.. but, yeah,, all the other bull%#@! u have to put up with.. thats more the police and feds trying to protect THEMSELVES. not the public.. they dont care one iota about the public.. obviously cause they are punishing law abiding citizens for stuff that the govt is staging and doing themselves.. its not even about mass shootings.. its about they dont want us to be able to defend ourselves so we can aqueous to the global take over,, they want us REALLY poor while they stay rich.. they want to watch every little thing we do. Reminds me a LOT of the things hitler did.. false flags, taking guns, eugenics, technocracy. its hilarious AND ignorant that people think it cant happen here. cause it is RIGHT NOW. They are already going door to door in NY and CA taking guns from vets and other people who are actually allowed to have them.. if they deem you a right wing extremist (freedom and liberty lover) then your a terrorist.. at the same time our govt funds al quuda ON RECORD..

SIX months! :s0112: Six months?

We're seeing average wait times of 10 months now and those will increase almost certainly as we get into 2014.

It was six months back when (pre-Newtown of not before), and those days are gone forever. Although they have processed some of the new e-File forms quickly, that was part of a test run and those salad days are numbered too.

I am going to go with the AAC 762-SDN-6 on an M&P10 I think for a project for 2014. I love my M&P15 so I am thinking the .308 version of that supressed would be a great package. Most I have spoke to say that the difference between this suppressor on the .308 vs the .223/5.56 is only 2-3 dB more than the equivalent built specifically for the .223/5.56.

Well we all know who's fault that is..
Hopefully they impeach this scumbag soon.. They are making us wait that long on purpose. cripes, that its not even worth the time.. Plus i have to get a permission letter from my sheriff. F$%# that, im not going any where near the pigpen.. this suppressor was gonna be for "emergency" situation. guess ill have to figure something else out..

SIX months! :s0112: Six months?

We're seeing average wait times of 10 months now and those will increase almost certainly as we get into 2014.

It was six months back when (pre-Newtown of not before), and those days are gone forever. Although they have processed some of the new e-File forms quickly, that was part of a test run and those salad days are numbered too.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top