Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Supreme Court looks at warrantless GPS tracking

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by MinnesotaORnewbie, Nov 8, 2011.

1. MinnesotaORnewbie

MinnesotaORnewbie Oregon Active Member

http://www.wten.com/story/15983119/supreme-court-looks-at-warrantless-gps-tracking

:huh: It is sad that It had to be involved in a case with a drug dealer that police could have found guilty doing old fashion police work. Instead, I have heard the FBI and LEO are saying that this should be totally legal with the economy being so bad and the limited resources police agencies have now days.
    The first thing I thought of was the rights of gun owners. I wasn't alone, one of the groups against this is the Gun Owners of America.
    Quoted from the article, "The government argues that people have no expectation of privacy concerning their travel on public streets."

Ok, we pay for public roads, and states have said in the past A Driver's liceanse is a privelige, but are our civil liberties a privelige as well. Come on, this is bubblegum. I consider myself a Liberal WITH Gun rights, but this ticks me off. Did I just wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

2. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

4th Amendment says:
    "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,....."
    I think it is pretty clear - by doing anything to his car, they have violated his rights.

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Agreed, 110%

4. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I don't get it.... they can already track us with our cell phones..... they can listen to you through your cell phones too. Don't you think they can just use the mic on your cell phone and listen to what you are saying? (and I am not even talking about you having a phone conversation with someone). That cam and mic on your computer can be used to spy on you. Did you really think that smart phone does not have back doors where the good old gobbment couldn't get in through and spy on you? They have satellite that can see a bike in your backyard..... and you (in general) are telling me they can't spy on you when they want, how they want? pfffffffffft come on! Everything you do online is monitored and recorded..... I watch a vid on YouTube and comment on it and they know all about it. Do the words GOOGLE and NSA mean anything to anyone?

5. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Actually the resolution of the satellite is not that good and very likely never will be. Too much "visual noise". Every single vapor between the satellite and its target acts as a filter.

6. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

I'd have to disagree. They can't do dime sized stuff, but reading a license plate sure is possible.

7. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Upon doing some research.... I couldn't find anything about a satellite being able to pick the date on a dime.... I think there is a lot we are not told about what technologies are being used but since I can't find anything about reading the date on a coin form 200 miles up in the sky.... I have changed my comment. Yeah yeah I know.... it's a little off topic but I had to correct myself.

8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Why yes... I've heard of the NSA, and have been there inside the big square building with the special "one-way" windows that don't vibrate and allow even laser-mics to snoop on the inside... just outside Ft. Mead, MD were EVERY SINGLE communique in this country is filtered for keywords, then recorded and analyzed if triggered... and THAT was in the mid-80's!!

:paranoid:

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Will Smith and Gene Hackman are laughing at this thread.
    MV5BMTM4MTU5OTI5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzczOTgxMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

TPTB have everything they need to monitor everyone 24/7. As stated above, your mobile phone is probably your worst enemy as are Facebook and other social media for those naive enough to partake in those also.

The problem is the sheer volume of information gathered. When DARPA and the Global Information Grid (GIG) go online next year that won't be an issue. All limitations will be gone and the gov will track your every fart. Not just targeted folks, but everyone constantly. Tens of millions of live microphones and cameras blanketing every nook and cranny worldwide. Facial recognition galore. AI will sort through it all without the need for human intervention until the very end. The fake war on terror and its sister the fake war on drugs will make just about everyone a plausible target. Especially gun owners or the like.

Welcome to the 'freedom' - smell it, taste it.

11. mjbskwim

Everything we put on a computer or our cell phone can be monitored by a smart 15 yo

12. Stomper

LOL... well from what I see, as my kids are right in that teenaged "sweet spot"... there aren't too many 15yr. olds that know much more than how to work the TV remote, and all the cheat codes, and button combo moves for X-Box and PlayStation... so we're semi-safe from THAT faction! ;)

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  13. mjbskwim

whispers
    That's what they want you to think.

14. Stomper

HA!! I watched my 16-yr. old struggle working the flippin' door knob the other day... I shouldn't have dropped him on his head... from the roof. ;)

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.