JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have two Chicago barber strops. Both very old and belonged to my Dad. They also have the canvas strop.One was heavily used the other near new. I mostly use a German travel type. It is a band on an hour glass piece of wood, from the 1930's. I am currently on the lookout for a 3" wide old 1970's hippie style mod squad belt so I can glue it to a board for my work bench. BTW I have one old straight razor left. The other ones were given to Uncles as they used them for their intended purpose.

I just did touch ups on kitchen knife set on water stones. 3,000 8,000 12,000 16,000

Finished off on a strip of scrap horsehide glued to a flat wood plank. Charged the smooth side with a little white jeweler's paste and gave it about ten passes each side.

Used to use a belt stretched tight.... Now I have a all-in-one tool I really like. I charge it with a hard stick of polishing paste . 20180715_120446.jpg

I have used this for forty years. It was my Wife's Grandfather's. If it could only talk.

I have some pretty wonderful stones that put a great edge on knives. Then a couple passes on this strop and they're unbelievably sharp! And a couple more passes whenever necessary, and my blades remain sharp without a lot of work.:D

P1060241.JPG P1060242.JPG P1060243.JPG

Last Edited:
Thanks, but I thought perhaps strops that were destined to be strops to begin with were superior over something like a wide leather belt, but didn't really now for certain...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top