JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have two Chicago barber strops. Both very old and belonged to my Dad. They also have the canvas strop.One was heavily used the other near new. I mostly use a German travel type. It is a band on an hour glass piece of wood, from the 1930's. I am currently on the lookout for a 3" wide old 1970's hippie style mod squad belt so I can glue it to a board for my work bench. BTW I have one old straight razor left. The other ones were given to Uncles as they used them for their intended purpose.

I just did touch ups on kitchen knife set on water stones. 3,000 8,000 12,000 16,000

Finished off on a strip of scrap horsehide glued to a flat wood plank. Charged the smooth side with a little white jeweler's paste and gave it about ten passes each side.

Used to use a belt stretched tight.... Now I have a all-in-one tool I really like. I charge it with a hard stick of polishing paste . 20180715_120446.jpg

I have used this for forty years. It was my Wife's Grandfather's. If it could only talk.

I have some pretty wonderful stones that put a great edge on knives. Then a couple passes on this strop and they're unbelievably sharp! And a couple more passes whenever necessary, and my blades remain sharp without a lot of work.:D

P1060241.JPG P1060242.JPG P1060243.JPG

Last Edited:
Thanks, but I thought perhaps strops that were destined to be strops to begin with were superior over something like a wide leather belt, but didn't really now for certain...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top