JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was off work today and decided to drop by the new GI Joe's that opened up off of 185th and West Union. I talked to BG, one of the Brothers who is starting it up, and asked about what all was going to happen with the store.

Apparently this store was just started up on the advice of their Atty. to establish their presence as doing business as GI Joe's. They are looking for investors now. The store as it is now is just full of old salesman's samples and "stuff out of our garages" as BG put it, but they have much bigger plans if they can get the finances together.

He said they WILL be getting fully into the firearms business as well as fishing. He mentioned that one of the stores will have a full LE shop as well.

I also bought some AMSOIL from him while I was there. They will be carrying it. I stopped using it, not because I didn't like it, but because I had to track down the guy to buy it from and arrange to meet him every time I wanted some more. It will be nice to have a place where I can just go in and buy it.

Let's hope these guys make it. I would be nice to have an alternative to Dick's, particularly here on the west side.

Was off work today and decided to drop by the new GI Joe's that opened up off of 185th and West Union. I talked to BG, one of the Brothers who is starting it up, and asked about what all was going to happen with the store.

Apparently this store was just started up on the advice of their Atty. to establish their presence as doing business as GI Joe's. They are looking for investors now. The store as it is now is just full of old salesman's samples and "stuff out of our garages" as BG put it, but they have much bigger plans if they can get the finances together.

He said they WILL be getting fully into the firearms business as well as fishing. He mentioned that one of the stores will have a full LE shop as well.

I also bought some AMSOIL from him while I was there. They will be carrying it. I stopped using it, not because I didn't like it, but because I had to track down the guy to buy it from and arrange to meet him every time I wanted some more. It will be nice to have a place where I can just go in and buy it.

Let's hope these guys make it. I would be nice to have an alternative to Dick's, particularly here on the west side.

Yeah, I live near the shop. Passed by a couple times to see what they had, but they have some pretty limited hours. 8-12 I think. But if they are just establishing the pressence then it makes sense. Do they have anything firearm related at the moment?

Really will be nice to see an alternative to dicks IMO. Their gun selection isn't the best.

Yeah, I live near the shop. Passed by a couple times to see what they had, but they have some pretty limited hours. 8-12 I think. But if they are just establishing the pressence then it makes sense. Do they have anything firearm related at the moment?

Really will be nice to see an alternative to dicks IMO. Their gun selection isn't the best.

Nothing firearms related at the moment, but when I talked to BG he said nothing firearms related would be going on at that location anyway. They will wait until they get a larger location open. I did however notice that he had a bunch of firearms catalogs that it looked like he had been reviewing and he did mention that he had attended the recent ShotShow so things look promising.

It looks like it really comes down to attracting investors at this point.

Nothing firearms related at the moment, but when I talked to BG he said nothing firearms related would be going on at that location anyway. They will wait until they get a larger location open. I did however notice that he had a bunch of firearms catalogs that it looked like he had been reviewing and he did mention that he had attended the recent ShotShow so things look promising.

It looks like it really comes down to attracting investors at this point.

Yeah, hope it goes well for him. If he gets in the firearms business, and given that his prices are fair, I'd probably shop at that place.

To be honest, I think it would be real easy to open a successful shop. Not to insult anyone here, but gun/shooting enthusiasts aren't the most complex crowd in the world.

Had a few extra minutes last week prior to a hair cut...drove around but could not find it...google was no help!

It's real close to albertsons. And next to the Tae Kawn Do place, as well as the place called Munchkin Playground. It's a little hard to see the sign from the street, it's got a black background with big white letters.

If you were at that little crosswalk area, and walked across the street from that Pizza place, you would pretty much be looking right at it.

Hopefully that helps. I throw out all these places assuming you know the area again(Assuming you get your haircut at that barber shop that's right there as well.) .. If not I can give directions from somewhere else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top