JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody here own a <broken link removed> ? I'm playing with ideas for my next firearm purchase, although its not going to be anytime soon (I like to plan ahead), but I gotta be fully educated before I make the plunge. So I've put this on my list of potential candidates, and here are my questions for this one, if I may-

Has anybody seen any of these at gun-shops in the Seattle area?

Anybody here own one? If so, what are your thoughts and impressions? Any downfalls? Any perks? Hows the target acquisition with the trapezoid sights? What do you think of the grip angle? Did you have to re-train yourself to keep from pointing high, and if so, was that an easy or difficult transition? Have you experienced FTF, cases not ejecting, anything weird? I heard the casings fly straight up and land on your head.. is this true? How is the grouping (although this may be subjective, but lets say in comparison to other handguns of the same caliber that you own)?

Haha, a lot of questions I know, but hopefully someone can entertain my query. Thanks! :D

I had a M40-A1 and sold it recently. I sold it because of financial hardship, not because I didn't like the gun, I loved the gun!

It had the lowest bore axis that I have ever seen and it really tamed the 40. When shooting it vs. a subcompact XD 40, it was way easier to handle. The trigger is better than any glock I have shot, and also better than the XD, IMO.

The trapezoid sights are kind of a novelty to me, I could never really get them to work consistently. You could pick them up and line them up fast, but they were never right on the sweet spot for me. I prefer typical 3-dot sights.

I never had any failures of any kind with any ammo. My casings ejected behind my right shoulder, not on top of my head.

A great gun for sure, definitely worth looking in to.

I had a M40-A1 and sold it recently. I sold it because of financial hardship, not because I didn't like the gun, I loved the gun!

It had the lowest bore axis that I have ever seen and it really tamed the 40. When shooting it vs. a subcompact XD 40, it was way easier to handle. The trigger is better than any glock I have shot, and also better than the XD, IMO.

The trapezoid sights are kind of a novelty to me, I could never really get them to work consistently. You could pick them up and line them up fast, but they were never right on the sweet spot for me. I prefer typical 3-dot sights.

I never had any failures of any kind with any ammo. My casings ejected behind my right shoulder, not on top of my head.

A great gun for sure, definitely worth looking in to.

That low bore axis is something that really has me interested in it. Thanks for the trigger info; I don't have much experience with Glocks, but have shot many a XD, so that helps. I asked about the casings dropping on your head because I had heard with the 9mm, the extractor needs to be swapped out with the .40cal extractor to keep them from going straight up. I really need to get my hands on one and try those sights... Thanks for the feedback!

Had one in '05, before they changed the styling of the frame to look like the one in the ad.... Trigger was much better than my Glocks and the low bore ads is like shooting an HK P7. I didn't like the trapezoid sights at all and changed them out for regular 3 dot night sights. I traded it away a long time ago, but i think it was one of the best poly guns out there...

I have had my S9A1 for a month now and have put about 600 rounds through it. The first 400 were a break in period which resulted in only a couple of failure to eject. But now it fires perfectly, very accurate with low recoil. I am very happy with my newest gun. The grip is fantastic. The triangle sights take a little getting used to, but now I love these sights. I can not say enough what a nice gun this is.