JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD!! THANK YOU!!

Where to start?? A sad old Stevens Model 80. Even when brand new, somewhere between 1906 and 1910, it was already in trouble. Factory mis-marked as a "GALLFRY" instead of a "GALLERY". Not sure if it's an error or a broken roll-marker, but there it is. One of the holes bored into the butt of it got too close to the surface and has broken through from the outside. It was probably enjoyed for a while but then fell on hard times. Neglect has allowed the outside surfaces to rust a bit. The bore is nothing to write home about. Somewhere along the line one of the fore-end screws was replaced. Hadn't been cleaned until I got it. Still, it is complete and fully functional. Shoots Shorts, Longs and Long Rifles. The picture of the front sight isn't fair, it's a lot nicer than it looks. It has some sort of silver-colored insert in the front sight. The Standard Catalog puts it's value at $125 for parts and $175 in Fair condition. Other than the hole in the stock I think it is a little better than Fair. I'm going to start at $150 and see what happens. Only real trade interest is a Marlin Model 62 in .256 Win. Mag. with cash (quite a bit of cash) from my end. Always willing to listen to offers or other trades.

WP_20170104_003.jpg WP_20170104_004.jpg WP_20170104_005.jpg WP_20170104_006.jpg WP_20170104_007.jpg WP_20170104_008.jpg WP_20170104_009.jpg

Last Edited:
I haven't shot it, but I have cycled ammo through it and pulled the trigger on some empty cases. It feeds and mashes the rim sufficiently.

I was reading up on these rifles and they stated that you have to take the stock off and adjust the loading carrier for the different sizes of ammo.
Have you tried to see if this part of the mechanism works?

I didn't know about it. Do you have a link to the instructions?? I'll remove the stock and see what's what.

Here's an excerpt from Rimfire Central.

"Early guns were also offered in 22 SHORT only. Those in 22 S,L&LR had to have a stop on the carrier set for the size that was being shot - they could not be mixed. They also were offered in 25 LONG STEVENS and 22 WRF. The 22 WRF guns were stamped 22 7½ which through some disscussion was thought to be the grains of blackpowder in the load --- but I don't think WRF was ever loaded in blackpowder, so I really don't know for sure why they were stamped that way."

Okay I pulled the stock off and there is a little spring-loaded clip that fits into one of three notches, labeled S, L, or LR. It appears to be the stop for the cartridge as it comes out of the magazine. I will be able to post pictures in a little while. It is intact and moves freely and latches securely into the notches.

Always good advice. It does have a serial number on the forearm cap. It is in the 8600 range, but without knowing how many they made nor Stevens' method of numbering, it doesn't mean much.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.