JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

This year I purchased a Japanese Arisaka in 7.7JAP from one of our fellow forum users. While all ammo is difficult to come by this past year the 7.7JAP has always been a bit of a unicorn.

Steinel Ammo had 7.7JAP on backorder with a notice on their website saying there was a 3-4 month delay. I ordered three boxes and waited. As months past it became clear I'd have to move on September 1st so I contacted Steinel to inquire about my order. No response. I gave it a few weeks and emailed again. Nothing. I let them know that I'd be moving and asked if I could change the address on my order. Silence.

Now the website says due to brass availability there could be a 6 month or more delay.

Steinel doesn't respond to my emails and I'm moving in a few weeks. What would you do?

Hey Folks,

This year I purchased a Japanese Arisaka in 7.7JAP from one of our fellow forum users. While all ammo is difficult to come by this past year the 7.7JAP has always been a bit of a unicorn.

Steinel Ammo had 7.7JAP on backorder with a notice on their website saying there was a 3-4 month delay. I ordered three boxes and waited. As months past it became clear I'd have to move on September 1st so I contacted Steinel to inquire about my order. No response. I gave it a few weeks and emailed again. Nothing. I let them know that I'd be moving and asked if I could change the address on my order. Silence.

Now the website says due to brass availability there could be a 6 month or more delay.

Steinel doesn't respond to my emails and I'm moving in a few weeks. What would you do?
Chargeback

If you're really wanting to shoot your Arisaka, and don't mind driving to Dundee, you'd be welcome to be my guest at the CVSC range. I've been loading for my Arisaka for 30 years. I don't sell my reloads but you'd be welcome to shoot some if you wanted.

If you're really wanting to shoot your Arisaka, and don't mind driving to Dundee, you'd be welcome to be my guest at the CVSC range. I've been loading for my Arisaka for 30 years. I don't sell my reloads but you'd be welcome to shoot some if you wanted.
I'll take you up on that!

I did pay for it, $35 a box. My only concern is my bank freaking out because it's firearm related
The rules for plastic in the US are real clear. If you order something, they charge your card, you do not get what you paid for, you get your money back. Last couple times I had to do this it was all on line. Never even talked to anyone and there was no asking what they refused to send me. Only did I try to contact the seller, and did they respond. The bank first puts a hold on the charge, telling me I do not have to pay. They I assume then take the money back from the seller and give them a short time to respond with proof they did send the item or such. A few weeks later I get another message from the bank saying the charge is removed, that if I had paid any interest on the charge it's also been given back.
Now if you paid by something like PayPal? That is a whole different game. Even with them they may "try" to say what you bought was not on their "approved list" or something like that. If you used a Credit Card to fund PayPal they will force them to return the money. If you do this to them they may cancel your account but, they will have to give your money back. Look at your Credit Card account on line and see how they do a "dispute" of charges on the account. Look at how long you have to do so too.

I totally agree with you.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads