JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have any of you added a Static Electricity Generator to your Powder Coating tools?
A couple of my recent Bullet Casting students have attached a static generator to their vibratory cleaner to improve paint coverage. They say that it only takes about a minute to get good results.
I have ordered parts to duplicate their system.
Anyone have any input?

Just don't try this while reloading :eek:

physics.co.uk%2Fgraphics%2Fphotos%2Fvan_der_graaff.jpg

Have any of you added a Static Electricity Generator to your Powder Coating tools?
A couple of my recent Bullet Casting students have attached a static generator to their vibratory cleaner to improve paint coverage. They say that it only takes about a minute to get good results.
I have ordered parts to duplicate their system.
Anyone have any input?
I never added a generator, but I did put a dehumidifier in the shop when I was up there in Fairview Oregon because the humidity was so high in the winter. I noticed that if I kept the humidity somewhere between 50/70% in the shop it really helped the powder coating to stick. In the summer it usually wasn't a problem but in the winter and spring when the rain was pissing down it definitely helped. I also noticed that different powders stick better than others even within brands. Some are less finicky.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews