JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have any of you added a Static Electricity Generator to your Powder Coating tools?
A couple of my recent Bullet Casting students have attached a static generator to their vibratory cleaner to improve paint coverage. They say that it only takes about a minute to get good results.
I have ordered parts to duplicate their system.
Anyone have any input?

Just don't try this while reloading :eek:

physics.co.uk%2Fgraphics%2Fphotos%2Fvan_der_graaff.jpg

Have any of you added a Static Electricity Generator to your Powder Coating tools?
A couple of my recent Bullet Casting students have attached a static generator to their vibratory cleaner to improve paint coverage. They say that it only takes about a minute to get good results.
I have ordered parts to duplicate their system.
Anyone have any input?
I never added a generator, but I did put a dehumidifier in the shop when I was up there in Fairview Oregon because the humidity was so high in the winter. I noticed that if I kept the humidity somewhere between 50/70% in the shop it really helped the powder coating to stick. In the summer it usually wasn't a problem but in the winter and spring when the rain was pissing down it definitely helped. I also noticed that different powders stick better than others even within brands. Some are less finicky.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top