JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm starting to look into the road to Distinguished Marksman, and was wondering what all training materials y'all who are already Marksmanship Program participants would suggest I try to snag from NRA, along with other useful tools from outside.

Also, I have a few folks that have expressed an interest in having me teach them to shoot, so I'm looking into pursuing Instructor creds. Any suggestions on what programs would be best for the following goals?
  1. Good class for a first-time instructor working with only 1-2 students, possibly having a more experienced instructor assisting.
  2. Best likelihood of a "first time shooting, ever" student successfully earning a nice NRA Marksmanship pin/patch/etc. to take home as a souvenir. Obviously Distinguished Expert isn't happening in one day on the range, but the goal here is to get them as well ranked as possible with whatever natural aptitude and acquired education they have in one or two range days.
  3. Any special concerns about NRA courses with non-US citizen (specifically, one Canadian, one or two German) students? I know about Washington's AFL, and am hoping that "Class" and then if there should be any follow-up Marksmanship Qual shoots will qualify as an "organized shooting activity" for the exemption.
Available hardware is a 1911, a rifle and pistol AR15, and if I can con my Instructor friend into joining the party whatever he might bring along.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top