JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Star
City
Milford
State
Other
New to the forum. Looking for a Firestar Plus 13 round magazine for my M243. Bought it in the 90s brand new and the wife loves using it at the range. Needing at least 1 if not 2, 13 round magazines for it. Thanks in advance.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Welcome to the forum!! Those magazines are really scarce. It took me years to find some and I paid dearly for them when I did.
I believe you can take the Mec-Gar style 10 rounders and convert them to 13. Mec-Gars have the dimples in the sides that limit the follower travel, as opposed to the factory Star 10-rounders that have the limiter as part of the baseplate. Disassemble the mag and CAREFULLY drill out the dimples and deburr the inside of the hole, then reassemble the mag. I have done this with mags for my MegaStar (picture below), but not the Firestar Plus specifically. The mag body is made of a spring-type steel and difficult to drill, but it is possible. Cut a piece of wood that slips snugly into the mag up to the dimples so you don't crush it when drilling. Drill the center of the dimple with a small drill, maybe 1/8" or so, and then open it up with a step drill until the dimple is gone. Lube is your friend.
There may be other brands that use the dimple for a limiter and can be modified. Good luck!!

I am a Star collector and might be tempted to trade for something interesting and Star related.
Or as a favor to a fellow Star shooter I would be happy to modify a couple of the Mec-Gars if you have them and don't want to do it yourself.
Cheers!!

ETA - A pair to modify on Fleabay for $79.95/ free shipping
2 - 10rd Magazines Mags Clips for Star Firestar Plus - 9mm (S215) | eBay

WP_20200511_003.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks brotha! Good stuff. :eek:) wasn't expecting to hear that i would have to make my own!? You know how to make a time machine too? so I can go back and buy a truck load of these mags... hehe thanks again for the insight into the pain these will be too find and/or make. Gun show coming up in a couple weeks so I check there before I start down the modification highway. Just picked up a Hellcat so I can play with that till the show comes to town. Thanks for the link too! Good man. :)

Since my first post I bought a pair of the mags from Fleabay to modify. It turns out they are ProMag brand. Drilling out the dimples gets you two more rounds, you have to modify the follower to get three. By trimming down the spring-seat area you can get enough room for the last round. It takes a little effort with the Dremel to get it just right.
Notice how much farther up the follower the spring rides on the one on the right?? You just need to make the notch at the front wide enough for the spring to go into it, deepen it a little bit and trim the ledge on the sides where it rests on the spring. WP_20200710_002.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.