JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should our organization continue to raffle off AR-15's or other firearms?

• Total voters
Reactions
I am one of the coaches involved in the St. Helens Girls Softball raffle for the AR-15.

An existing member suggested that I post some information about a second AR-15 raffle being put on by St. Helens Softball League.
Although we cannot make it official until the board meeting on this Thursday, I wanted to give you all a heads up to watch for more news.

Tickets are $10.00 and will go on sale this Saturday March 30, 2013 at the Skinny's Texaco Gas/Mini Mart on Hwy 30 in St. Helens. There will be only 500 tickets available and we expect them to go fast so show up early.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you all for your support.

I would be really interested to hear as to why people would vote no. I would also like to here those who vote yes to respond to those who voted no with something other than "you need to shut the hell up" as has happened with other discussions on this same subject on different sites.

Great way to raise funds for the kids. The anti gun folk can go wet their panties and not buy a ticket. The success of the first raffle proves it was a good idea. No bake sale will ever sell out so quick or generate that much revenue. The gun is transferred through an ffl so the winner is getting background checked. Would these people bubblegum so much if it was a wood stocked Remmy 12 ga? Maybe but prob not. Then again, t would probably take longer to sell tickets. Its like fishermans marine raffling a willie driftboat - tix go quick and the raffle is a success. They would do nearly as well trying to raffle a float tube or a 12 foot dinghy. Congrats on the first raffle success and good luck w the 2nd.

Actually, trainsktg, I have not voted yet because I'd like to get an answer to my question first.

My ideal answer would be something like, "Yes, it was their idea and they are actually all involved in firearms in some way. If there have been any negatives remarks they have been prepared to answer or absorb them in a positive way."

Worst answer: "Oh, the adults decided on behalf of the girls. And yeah, some of them have been harrased about it, but hey, it toughens you up."

I'd be glad to buy a couple but I'm in WA and it's quite a drive over there!

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

Actually, trainsktg, I have not voted yet because I'd like to get an answer to my question first.

My ideal answer would be something like, "Yes, it was their idea and they are actually all involved in firearms in some way. If there have been any negatives remarks they have been prepared to answer or absorb them in a positive way."

Worst answer: "Oh, the adults decided on behalf of the girls. And yeah, some of them have been harrased about it, but hey, it toughens you up."

Why would anybody harass them? The only person that might, a mentally unstable public indoctrinator that suspends kids because their pop-tart resembles the shape of a gun. St. Helens isn't Portland, yet.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top