JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I have narrowed down my next purchase to either an XDM or a SR9C...I would appreciate your pros and cons concerning daily carry and use on Speed Steel course shooting. Hopefully this won't turn into a stopping power debate...Thanks

Can't speak to the SR9C, but I have the XDM9 and could not be happier with it as a shooter and home defense firearm. I can consitantly shoot about a five inch (less if I really concentrate) gap with this gun at 50 feet, mag after mag, and I am not the most experienced shooter. Easy to clean, never a failure, comfortable in my hand, just perfect. Of course, I am not carrying it. The grip seems a little long for that, were you considering a compact?

Get the XDM on the basis that the trigger is a great deal better than the SR9C. I had the ruger and liked it but the trigger was terrible. Got a chance to try out the XDM and it's much smoother and breaks sooner too. I might be mistaken but the XDM are a little more pricey than the SR9C. I know the XD series are around the price point of the ruger

I just ordered the 9mm xdm 4.5 . I already have a 1911, so I thought something well made in a 9 would be good for practice and some carry. Plus who can argue with 20 rounds?

Yeah, I have an HK45 for out in the woods (hiking/hunting), but needed a good range/home defense gun for my family when I was gone. You can shoot this (the XDm) thing comforatably all day, and you won't believe the accuracy.

Couple of things though. Take the mag loader with you if you plan to put any more than 10 rounds in at a time or your thumb will be extremely raw from reloading. Also, probably the only drawback of the XD/XDm's, if you want to replace the rear site it will not be cheap because they normally need to be machined out. I tried hammering mine out, no chance. I have a laserlyte rear site on mine and have been very pleased. I don't use the laser when I shoot, that's for my wife in an emergency, but the dot inside the U seems to work very well for me at the range.

I can guarentee you will not be disappointed.

And if you are:
1. your nuts
2. you will have no trouble getting your money back by selling it

Enjoy, great choice.

This was my debate about 3 months ago as well. I bought a slightly used XDM9 over a brand new SR9C. There were just many reviews out there of people having concerns about the SR9C that made me turn away. The XDM9, on the other hand, got flawless reviews. I went shooting this past weekend with my wife, who rarely goes shooting with me, and to my surprise she was VERY accurate with the XDM9. She hit all 10 clay pots that were 20, 30, and 40 yards out. She does have very good eyes though. Just my $.02

Well, I guess just to be different, I would go with the Ruger. I don't like the way the XDm (or XD) feels, I don't like the insanely high bore axis (they all feel top heavy to me), and I don't particularly care for the sloppy single-action wannabe trigger (too used to the crisp break on a 1911 or Glock). I would not have overwhelming reliability concerns with either of these guns, so I would go with the Ruger until it proved itself unworthy. If that happened I would go to a Glock or S&W M&P...

IMO, go with the gun that feels better in your hand. If they both feel good, I'd go with the XDm.

I went shooting this past weekend with my wife, who rarely goes shooting with me, and to my surprise she was VERY accurate with the XDM9. She hit all 10 clay pots that were 20, 30, and 40 yards out. She does have very good eyes though. Just my $.02
All that tells me is to not mess with your wife.

I'd agree that these two would be in the arguement, Glock 17/19, HK P2000. Although I would still give it to the XDm. It is cheaper than the HK by quite a bit and is just flat out a better gun than the Glock. Not saying Glocks aren't great guns, but I just like the Springer better.

You may like the XD better, but they are simply not better guns than Glocks. Glocks are simpler and generally more reliable. The ergonomics are a nightmare on both. In my experience gunsmithing, I got fewer complaints on Glocks than on XD's...

You may like the XD better, but they are simply not better guns than Glocks. Glocks are simpler and generally more reliable. The ergonomics are a nightmare on both. In my experience gunsmithing, I got fewer complaints on Glocks than on XD's...

It's all just opinions. It isn't a fact that either is better than the other. Both are great guns, I just like the XDm better.

Yeah, well, my opinion is based on what guns show up for repair and which I field complaints about. The FACT is xd's get more complaints and more repairs are needed, at least in the shops I've worked in. Now what people like more than the other are opinions.

I'm not going to get pulled into this tired debate, again. The title of this post is SR9C OR XDm, if you don't have an opinion between the two maybe you shouldn't have posted here.

Not tryin' to poke the bear, we just disagree on this one. I am normally right on the same page with you.

Oh my gosh! Sorry, Bear. You weren't the one who brought up the whole Glock thing. I was replying thinking that you were the one that started us off track. My apologies, you were just responding to my reply to someone elses off topic post. No hard feelings.