JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife is considering getting her own pistol some time down the road. She loves shooting my dads 22/45 Target. I however love the new SR line by Ruger and wondered if anyone had an opinion on these two guns, side by side.

My guess is that the major differences are the SR22 is much lighter but less accurate.

I shoot my wifes SR22 all the time, it's a fantastic gun.

At 10 yards groups are quite tight and it works well with much wider range of ammo than other .22's I have fired.

The 525 value pack federal champions have a FTF once in a while but that's about it. Golden bullets, winchester m22's, mini mags, etc haven't had any not feed or fire yet.

Got mine for $299 I think online.

Neither, get her a MKIII Hunter or Target

7015d1204989659-questions-concerning-22-ruger-mark-iii-rugerhunterflutedbull.jpg

7015d1204989659-questions-concerning-22-ruger-mark-iii-rugerhunterflutedbull.jpg

I traded my 22/45 with Volquartzen parts for the SR22 and don't regret it for a minute. I liked the 22/45, but it was somewhat ammo sensitive. The SR22 is not. The 22/45 had a 4" barrel and the SR22 a 3.5" barrel. I think accuracy is similar between the two. The SR22 is lighter, more compact and I have the CMR-201 laser mounted on the rail. A perfect fit. It has two grips and the smaller one would likely fit the wife. It slides on, so changing them is a three second project.

I don't have the 22/45 any longer, but here is a size comparison between the SP101, 3" barrel and the SR22, 3.5" barrel.

SP101SR22sizecomp.jpg

The Mark III is a nice gun but I tell you this, as far as maintenance and cleaning, the SR22 is great.

It breaks down and goes back together in seconds.

Most honest Mark III owners will admit the big drawback is the hassle of cleaning.

Once you get the hang of it, it isn't too bad but it is a bigger job.

My wife is considering getting her own pistol some time down the road. She loves shooting my dads 22/45 Target. I however love the new SR line by Ruger and wondered if anyone had an opinion on these two guns, side by side.

My guess is that the major differences are the SR22 is much lighter but less accurate.

What skang said.. I have owned both the sr is a plinker, the 2245 is competition worthy out of the box. If you want to get a sr22 for yourself, shoot one next to a Walter p22. The sr22 doesn't have any beavertail, and hardly any gap between the hammer and the crotch of your hand with the slide in the full back position. Maybe just me but after 500 rds the hammer chewed the crap out of my hand. Wish I still had the Walter (stolen). Walter hates federal ammo but shot just about everything else perfectly. Oh, and the sr22 has a nasty ( HARD but smooth) double trigger pull. Other than that its bullet proof

Get both!!! Seriously, if she likes the 22/45 and you like the SR 22 get both and have tons of inexpensive fun at the range. Both will likely last a lifetime, and Ruger has terrific customer service if you ever need it.

Another plus to buying both, is never having to wait to shoot.

I will probably add an SR22 to go with my 2--22/45s in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews