JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have experience with them? I bought a utility knife for my wife for Mother's Day and it seems just like any other thin knife with cheap plastic handle.

The factory edge got dull very fast and when I went to sharpen it I found out why. One side has a completely different angle than the other side. I mean way off. It took my forever to reprofile the blade even though it's thin and I was using diamond rods. Just so much material to remove. So now that it has a normal edge we'll see how it does.

Seems like it's overpriced by about 3 times unless I'm missing something. Maybe long term use will show it's worth it (I hope). If it holds a sharp edge for a long time is what I'm hoping for. That's 2 of the 3 seki city spydercos I bought where the bevel has been way off. Maybe not a big deal if one has a machine sharpener but sure a pain for manual sharpening.

EB5E3CC4-BEC1-4D9B-93DA-4FCF5D3F5DF7.jpeg

You buy from a reputable source?

I don't see that knife in their culinary offerings. Any chance it's a knock off?

If I see a Spyderco kitchen knife in my travels, I will probably buy it just because. May I suggest the Shun brand of Japanese kitchen knives? I bought 1 for work and I love it, edge maintenance has been a breeze.

You buy from a reputable source?

I don't see that knife in their culinary offerings. Any chance it's a knock off?

If I see a Spyderco kitchen knife in my travels, I will probably buy it just because. May I suggest the Shun brand of Japanese kitchen knives? I bought 1 for work and I love it, edge maintenance has been a breeze.
It's possible it's a knock off but I don't think so. Source was Amazon. But it says "the spyderco store" as the seller. Based on the endela I had with similar issue I think they have a problem with whoever is grinding these in the Japanese factory. Once in a blue moon I could see, but 2 out of 3? Maybe the workers are hitting the Sake a bit too hard or something. ;)

I'll have to check out that Shun brand. I just wanted to try one of the spyderco ones to see if it might be in a different class or something. Wifey has good knives but one of the longest ones broke right where the blade meets the handle. Global welds their knives from three pieces of metal. 2 pieces for the handle and one for the blade. It broke right in the welded area. But that's after maybe 20 years of use and in the dishwasher (cringe) so can't complain too much I guess and no issues with any of the others (other than me not knowing how to sharpen them correctly in the past).

Spyderco is a great EDC… kitchen, not so much. That being said, I use their fixed blade H1 Salts in the kitchen quite a bit. The fully serrated model mostly.
I prefer an old carbon steel full flat grind chefs knife for most cutting board work. Lovely patina and wicked sharp.
For meat carving, it's hard to beat an electric knife.
For fish filet and bird deboning… well that list is long.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top