JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm starting to think about suppressing my XDm 4.5 and I was wondering if anybody here knows or has any ideas where or what kind of barrel to get. With all the choices there are I'm a bit overwhelmed and would like to have a suggestion or two.

Thanks in advance.

make sure you get the right barrel length... you're looking for the threaded that's going to be .8 inch longer than your barrel length..

Storm Lake Barrel Springfield XDM 9mm Luger 1 16 Twist 5.30 SS 1/2-28

if you add a notification to the item, they will email you when it arrives... but it only lasts for a few hours though then it's sold out...

them threaded barrels are like gold these days what with everyone getting a can and the cans from the panic purchase in december/january are getting released as we speak...

Sucks LoneWolf doesn't make aftermarket barrels for M&P and XD/XDM pistols.

So I would assume you gonna have a thread protector for that barrel when you aren't using the can right? having had a few threaded barrels myself, I always had a problem with the thread protector coming loose on me. So what I have done in the past was to put one drop of BLUE locktite, then I'd put the thread protector on. After a day or so, I would take the protector off. The dried up locktite on the threads made it so that the protector wouldn't come loose after shooting it. Makes the thread protector go on and come off with a little friction but no damage. Just FYI, oh and you can always use a brass brush or whatever to clean the threads and go back to normal.

midway's version ships with the thread protector so that's a plus...

i tried the locktite initially but it just melts off after a few magazines once the barrel heats up... so I basically just check the thread protector after every few magazines... still haven't lost it but it does come loose..

when I ordered mine a while back had to wait almost 2 mos for them to be in stock... the first time (a month after putting in the notification) they sold out by the time I saw the email... they didn't allow backorder then...

if they let you backorder, I'd just do that...

I only shop for my XDm at Pistolgear.com. You know it will be good quality, and their service is top notch. Good place to get pretty much everything Springfield (pistol).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top