JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1200
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
30-06 Springfield
City
Gaston
State
Oregon
Zip Code
M1 Garand For Sale.
This is a 1945 Springfield Armory M1 rifle in 30-06. Standard size. Condition is excellent.
Most of the parts are age correct, some are newer.
It is an Arlington Ordnance import, returned from South Korea Forces after a rebuild, and an Arlington Ordnance barrel (Citadel 4 groove) installed. Citadel barrels in these M1 builds, are very good - better than many GI barrels. (See online conversations on CMP.org forums - especially involving JimThompson502002 and RDS who were involved at the time).

The rifle is in outstanding condition. Very clean. Very few rounds through it after rebuild. Only very small dings in the stock. This rifle has not been banged around or carelessly handled. Metal is fine. Stock is a new one, armory installed (no cartouches at all). It is a great rifle and much nicer that most I have seen.

Here is the rundown on some parts:
Receiver, Springfield Armory S/N 3761XXX - build date May 1945.
Receiver is marked on the right side flat " 0 9 0 A 3 " and "D28291 35".
Bolt, 628287-19sa Heat Lot O-17
Trigger Group, D28290-14-sa
Hammer, D46008-9sa
Op Rod, 7790722sa (very late production, not marked NM, but this series are all identical)
Note regarding the Op Rod: Some of these Arlington imports had the gas tubes enlarged and a larger button installed on the op rod. This makes replacement a chore. THIS op rod and gas tube are STANDARD spec.
Gas tube is charcoal grey.
Gas Tube Plug, "HRA O"
Barrel, Arlington Ordnance (Citadel 4 groove) "ARL VA 30-06"
Stock is a new, armory installed one, #70015917 (the rest of the wood is new and matches)

You can come here to inspect if you wish. I am between Newberg and Gaston.
I prefer to transfer at HighLine Firearms in Newberg. But I am flexible. Though not flexible enough to go into Portland. Buyer pays fees.
I will not ship. Sale is cash only and final.
Price is $1200. No trades.

PLEASE -- If you are interested, contact by PM. NOT by replying to the post. It's nobody's business that you are interested or buying. I'll handle contacts in order.

RightFull.JPG LeftFull.JPG LeftButt.JPG LeftRx.JPG LeftSwivel.JPG LeftMuzz.JPG RightButt.JPG RightRx.JPG RightSwivel.JPG RightMuzz.JPG Serial.JPG TopRx.JPG ButtTop.JPG xRight.JPG TriggerGroup.JPG BoltFace.JPG Chamber.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service