JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
SOLD

PRICE DROP!!!
Springfield Armory TRP, Model PC9108L, .45ACP
Factory box
Maxpedition soft case
6 Tripp Research Cobra-mag magazines
EGW firing pin stop
Impeccable condition
Separately, here (Milt Sparks Holsters)

Of the many handguns I've owned over the years this at the top of the list for performance and reliability.

$750
Cash
Vancouver
Thx
B
IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0103.jpg IMG_0104.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Alright,
Ya made me get out the log book.
Most entry's have no quantity. 'Guess I didn't think that info would be important. 99.9% of all the shooting this pistol has done has been 200 Gr. plated SWC. Berrys. There were some other brands in there but I always ended up coming back to the Berrys. Missouri LSWC are very good too, but cleaning up is a little tougher. Speer used to make a great 225 gr. HP. I think those are out of production now. The 'flying ashtray' ring a bell? 'Should've bought a couple k of those when I had the chance. Oh well....

Looks like most loads were Win. 231, about 5 to 5.2 gr. depending on seating depth. Some people call this a 'powder-puff load', I don't disagree. I started out with Bullseye. Either is fine powder. The 231 seems to meter better but the Bullseye is cheaper per round. If I had to pick just one I think I'd go with the 231. It's easier to deal with. I saw no difference in performance. I don't think my loads would make major power factor but that's OK with me. I can still punch a ragged hole in a blink.

I've found that the Tripp mags would handle any ammo. Like most people, I suspect, I fell pretty hard for that Wilson Combat Kool-aid at first. Chalk one up for the marketing department. A good test is max power 230gr. HP mixed with 185gr. SWC in the same mag. Not that there's anything wrong with Wilson Mags, its just that the Tripp's are superior. I'd bet on it.

Shortly after bought this I was looking to make it even better. I'm not one to leave well enough alone. I ordered and installed an EGW firing pin stop. That was some of the best money I ever spent. Rather than explain it, you google it up. Profound difference. I recommend this mod to anybody for any 1911. Its a must do.

Anyway...,
Yes. I am the original owner. I ordered this model specifically, for a reason, on purpose.
As for the round count. Id say 10k. Just broken in, and that the point. It seems to me that people don't get that. Buy something shiny- new on super sale, then bet your life on it. Fools.

Anything else?

Thx
B

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.