JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
my son decided on the Springfield 911 in .380 as his EDC pistol, fits nicely in the pocket of his cargo shorts
his Ruger GP100 is just to big for EDC or concealment
it's a cute scaled down 1911, weighing only 14 oz
we waited a year to get one in Washington and finally received his yesterday from Sportsman's Warehouse in Vancouver
we had to get ammo custom loaded from a place in Texas since .380 range ammo is rare as hens teeth right now
for self defense, he has Buffalo Bore 90 gn .380+P hollow Point
the early ones (2018) had an issue with cycling due to feed ramp alignment, but that has been solved

don't have enough rounds down it to offer an opinion, does anyone have experience with this pistol?

I have a Springfield 911 in .380 and have about 600 rounds through it. Had one issue with one round failing to feed. It was one of my lead round nose reloads and happened during a rapid fire exercise on the very first outing. Determined the round nosed down into the feed ramp, so most
Likely attributable to a magazine malfunction.

Since that time, it's been trouble free with a variety of my own reloads, factory range ammo and self defense hallow points. All magazines get exercised with each range trip to ensure continuity of operation.

I don't hesitate to use it for occasional carry when I need to be the most discreet. I recommend putting it through its paces to ensure your comfort with its operation. Critical to have confidence in what ya carry...

I'm just wondering what would possess a man without a healthy supply of ammo to buy a .380 during these times.
Size, size and size. If one could make the Ruger lcp in 9mm and keep it exactly the same size, I'd buy the 9 but that seems to be an impossible task. 380 really shines in concealment

my son weighs 130 lbs soaking wet
yet the 911 is not perceivable in the pocket of his cargo shorts
you can carry it in sweats with no belt
a true EDC pistol that is always with you
even in this size, it's very controllable even with +P ammo

Size, size and size. If one could make the Ruger lcp in 9mm and keep it exactly the same size, I'd buy the 9 but that seems to be an impossible task. 380 really shines in concealment
The DB9 is close. Very close. I carried a LCP for years, the DB9 is just ever so larger in most areas, but not by much.

my son's first criteria was an external safety and single action trigger, he doesn't like the long safety trigger on most polymer pistols
he was willing to wait a year just to get a 911

I offered him our HK VP9, which I consider compact enough, but he was set on the 911
he wanted a pocket pistol, not just a concealed pistol

my son weighs 130 lbs soaking wet
yet the 911 is not perceivable in the pocket of his cargo shorts
you can carry it in sweats with no belt
a true EDC pistol that is always with you
even in this size, it's very controllable even with +P ammo
A VersaCarry works well to hide this little guy. Been worn running and biking, small and light enough that it's not a drag...

8F0C7A46-ACB7-485B-AD4A-004B6925119B.jpeg 2870978C-22F0-4FF0-AD52-495F95E31A63.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top