JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys!

Not a big fan of handguns but would like tohave couple inmy collection.
Came across this website <broken link removed> and they sell one, basic version for $475.

Now ..... I don't want to carry one, not going to shootit 2 times a week, no shots farther 25 yards and basicaly to have it. I like "old" militaryweapons and I think that gun would look good with my mosin nagant.

Just would like your opinion! Is that a good price? Can I find it cheaper? Does anyone would like to sell one?

Thank you!

It's a good price compared to what I've seen locally. I've seen some prices close to that. I don't own a GI version, but my Brother does, and He shoots fmj all day long without any problems. He is the same as you in that he doesn't carry the gun ever, and only shoots it once a month if that, but when he does, he has a blast with it, with no, or very few hickups .....

It's a good price compared to what I've seen locally. I've seen some prices close to that. I don't own a GI version, but my Brother does, and He shoots fmj all day long without any problems. He is the same as you in that he doesn't carry the gun ever, and only shoots it once a month if that, but when he does, he has a blast with it, with no, or very few hickups .....

awesome! thank you for your input!

I have a Springfield gi stainless. Paid 550 lightly used.
If I had it to do over, I probably wouldn't.
Really rough, jammed alot (fixed that) generally just clunky.
I bought an STI Spartan that when compared, makes the Springfield really seem like a turd.
I think my next one will be a Remington Rand or a colt.

Found exactly same looking gun.
Rock island armory 1911 gi......
Any thoughts about that company? Brand new for 499 no tax, no shipping straight 499

Found exactly same looking gun.
Rock island armory 1911 gi......
Any thoughts about that company? Brand new for 499 no tax, no shipping straight 499

Have had one for a few years now,probably 1100 rounds through it with no issues at all.
Wife bought it for me when i went out of town on a buisiness trip,a friend with a FFL,think she paid 309.00 for it. For the money it has been a good purchase.
Actually thinking of picking up one of the 3.5" compacts to keep in my backpack.
RIA is said to have good CS,haven't had to use it myself.
RK

Have had one for a few years now,probably 1100 rounds through it with no issues at all.
Wife bought it for me when i went out of town on a buisiness trip,a friend with a FFL,think she paid 309.00 for it. For the money it has been a good purchase.
Actually thinking of picking up one of the 3.5" compacts to keep in my backpack.
RIA is said to have good CS,haven't had to use it myself.
RK

Ask your wife if she can get one more for that price :) I'll even put couple of bucks on top for her :) 309... wow that's awesome price.

I have one. It's a nice basic 1911, and a good way to get introduced to the platform. Nothing special. Mines had a few thousand rounds through it, and been a workhorse.

Sights suck on it. I see it as a nice inexpensive way to get hooked on 1911 crack. That's a good price too.

You could go with a RIA 1911 Tactical. Solid guns for the price, with a few extra features over the GI. I've had no problems with mine that were not magazine related (ProMag) or ammo related (need to work out the crimp on my reloads). Feeds every kind of ammo I have thrown down the pipe FMJ, plated, LRN, JHP, and SWC. The ONLY feeding problems I have ever experienced were caused by improper crimp on reloads. If you feed it factory ammo it will gobble it all up, nd hit where you point it.

I picked up a LNIB park'd GI .45 in a pawn shop for $390. Traded my slide for an SA Milspec slide with better sights, and it has about 2500 flawless 200 LSWC and 230 gr LRN thru it so far. Chambers 230 JHP also, though I have not fired much JHP thru it. No reliability work at all, though I have changed safeties, MSH, trigger, etc.

Mine has been a tank.

Hey! Thank you guys for all your input. I just got a deal on rock island 1911a1 brand new, parkerized from gunbroker for $380 shipped.

What you think?

"Another question now where can I pick up .45acp cheapest? "
Good luck there. Wal Mart tends to have the better prices for blasting ammo. Though good luck finding any in stock (I haven't seen any there is MANY months).
Failing that, learn to reload. You can't beat $6-10 per box of 50, dpending on what components you use, and where you get them. The 1911 platform seems to be very forgiving in terms of reloading (only just dialed my crimp in where it is supposed to be today, after shooting several hundred hand loads). If you do reload, get a separate crimp die, as the bullet seating die is not the best tool to apply a taper crimp with.