JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally got out yesterday to try this out. Excellent results! The weather was cold with snow on the ground so I picked out some random targets at about 50 yards which were some nice fire blackened small cut off trees about 1.5" in diameter poking up out of the snow. I shot several shots at one and did not see any splintering or movement and thought I was missing it. I walked out to it and saw one trough in the snow behind the stump from the bullets. Looking at the small stump I saw several holes from he bullets. The stump was damp and the bullets were not moving fast enough to expand so they passed clean through like FMJ. I suspect these will do 1" or less on paper benchrested. I also attribute part of the accuracy to the Williams receiver sight I installed so when I go back to standard FP bullets I'll compare and see if the SP bullets were in actuality more accurate.

No reason they should not shoot well considering that is the same thing the majority of other .30 cal guns shoot......
And considering this is the only .30 caliber rifle I have I needed to do something with the bullets so I might as well send 'em downrange.
Sure is easier on ammo only being able to load one at a time!

Most spire points going up grain scale wont cycle in tublar mag. Plus extremely un-safe. I've seen guys post "why would you want to make a single shot out of a lever gun". Personally i have tried pointed bullets in my Whiny 94. Worked real well, hitting silouette target at 200yds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top