JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$565
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Myrtle Point
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Sold pending funds on 02/05.

I purchased this rifle from a long time close friend who recently passed away. He had purchased it new for his father. His father raised bloodhounds and contracted with local Oregon Law Enforcement organizations to pursue wanted criminals who were on the run. My friend told me that his father had highly valued the gift and had taken excellent car of the rifle. When his father died he inherited the rifle. My friend never fired it and told me that his father had only fired seven sight in rounds during the time he owned the rifle. The five boxes of ammo that are offered with the rifle have seven rounds missing. The ammo boxes are a little rough. The bore is mint and I would rate the barrel bluing as 99.8% with only slight thinning at the muzzle end from a gun case. The finish on the action is evenly worn from carrying but is otherwise unblemished. Much of the case coloring on the lever is intact. According to the serial number the Savage was manufactured in 1937. The wood has only a few very minor marks from storage in a safe which were too small to capture in my photos. There are no scratches, patina, or other detractors on any of the metal. The rifle metal and wood have not been refinished.
My friend had the receiver drilled and tapped and it is ready for mounting a scope, but his father preferred the speed of the receiver sight. The scope screw holes have filler screws.
I use the FFL dealer in Coos Bay, Dutch's Gun Repair, 90932 Beacon Lane. He only charges $10.00 plus the $10.00 state fee. His business location is a museum and worth a visit in itself. He is also a Vietnam Vet, and was a tail gunner on a B-29, and is a great guy. Unfortunately at 85 I am no longer to drive far to meet a buyer. However I am planning on asking my wife to drive me to the Roseburg Gun Show sometime on the weekend of 02/17-18 and if my Savage has not been sold by then I can bring it to the show, "God willing and the creek don't rise".
I will sell the Savage with the ammo for $565.00, but am not interested in any trades.
Thank you for your time,
Scott
Semper Fi

Savage.jpg.jpg Savage2.jpg.jpg Savage3.jpg.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I purchased this rifle from a long time close friend who had purchased it new for his father. His father raised bloodhounds and contracted with local Oregon Law Enforcement organizations to pursue wanted criminals who were on the run. My friend told me that his father had highly valued the gift and had taken excellent car of the rifle. When his father died he inherited the rifle. My friend never fired it and told me that his father had only fired seven sight in rounds during the time he owned the rifle. The five boxes of ammo that are offered with the rifle have seven rounds missing. The ammo boxes are a little rough. The bore is mint and I would rate the barrel bluing as 99.8% with only slight thinning at the muzzle end from a gun case. The finish on the action is evenly worn from carrying but is otherwise unblemished. Much of the case coloring on the lever in intact. According to the serial number it was manufactured in 1937. The wood has only a few very minor marks from storage in a safe which were too small to capture in my photos. There are no scratches, patina, or other detractors in any of the metal. The rifle metal and wood have not been refinished.
My friend had the receiver drilled and tapped and it is ready for mounting a scope, but his father preferred the speed of the receiver sight. The scope screw holes have filler screws.
I use the FFL dealer in Coos Bay, Dutch's Gun Repair, 90932 Beacon Lane. He only charges $10.00 plus the $10.00 state fee. His business location is a museum and worth a visit in itself. He is also a Vietnam Vet, and was a tail gunner on a B-29, and a great guy. Unfortunately at 85 I am no longer to drive far to meet a buyer. However I am planning on asking my wife to drive me to the Roseburg Gun Show sometime on the weekend of 02/17-18 and if my Savage has not been sold by then I can bring it to the show, "God willing and the creek don't rise".
I will sell the Savage with the ammo for $565.00, but am not interested in any trades.
Thank you for your time,
Scott
Semper Fi

View attachment 1813748 View attachment 1813751 View attachment 1813752
Very interested but live in Portland. Will you ship?

Sold pending funds on 02/05.

I purchased this rifle from a long time close friend who recently passed away. He had purchased it new for his father. His father raised bloodhounds and contracted with local Oregon Law Enforcement organizations to pursue wanted criminals who were on the run. My friend told me that his father had highly valued the gift and had taken excellent car of the rifle. When his father died he inherited the rifle. My friend never fired it and told me that his father had only fired seven sight in rounds during the time he owned the rifle. The five boxes of ammo that are offered with the rifle have seven rounds missing. The ammo boxes are a little rough. The bore is mint and I would rate the barrel bluing as 99.8% with only slight thinning at the muzzle end from a gun case. The finish on the action is evenly worn from carrying but is otherwise unblemished. Much of the case coloring on the lever is intact. According to the serial number the Savage was manufactured in 1937. The wood has only a few very minor marks from storage in a safe which were too small to capture in my photos. There are no scratches, patina, or other detractors on any of the metal. The rifle metal and wood have not been refinished.
I use the FFL dealer in Coos Bay, Dutch's Gun Repair, 90932 Beacon Lane. He only charges $10.00 plus the $10.00 state fee. His business location is a museum and worth a visit in itself. He is also a Vietnam Vet, and was a tail gunner on a B-29, and is a great guy. Unfortunately at 85 I am no longer to drive far to meet a buyer. However I am planning on asking my wife to drive me to the Roseburg Gun Show sometime on the weekend of 02/17-18 and if my Savage has not been sold by then I can bring it to the show, "God willing and the creek don't rise".
Thank you for your time,
Scott
Semper Fi

View attachment 1813748 View attachment 1813751 View attachment 1813752
Great ad. Congrats on a quick sale too. Been trying to sell my model 99 here for a while now. Not as pretty as yours though.

As far as I knw from what I was told. Both my friend and his father passed when in their early 90's, not gun collectors, and no reason to lie about it.
I was not questioning your story, and did not mean to imply that I was. maybe could have worded it differently.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.