JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1850
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
45-70
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
*Sold Pending Funds*

*(edit 6/24): in honor of Independence day coming up, and all of us winning a little bit of our 2A freedom back, I will give four boxes of 405gr 45-70 ammo to the buyer (two each: Remington and S&B (like the picture below)).**

*(edit 6/23): more pictures added*

1886 Browning 45-70 Saddle Ring Carbine. Pictures tell the story, with minor handling marks shown as best I could.

Will come with two boxes of 405gr 45-70 (one each: S&B and Remington), a BoreSnake Viper, an original Browning box it came in (not matching number though), and a rifle sock.

$1,850.00, no trades.

Prefer to meet to FFL transfer in Tigard / Newberg, or maybe up in Estacada at Copeland's Custom Gunworks. My FFL (Mr. Copeland) can ship to your FFL but add $50.00.

Hope you can use it :)

IMG_1909.jpg IMG_1910.jpg IMG_1912.jpg IMG_1903.jpg IMG_1902.jpg IMG_1906.jpg IMG_1913.jpg IMG_1914.jpg IMG_1900.jpg a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Cresent stock ?
The butt stock is crescent. I can send other pictures to you PM if you like. My gun pictures keep getting hijacked and used over on GunBroker, four of the last six firearms I sold, so I don't put full detailed pics up anymore.

No, it's NOT a "Cresent" buttstock.
It's simply called a "Carbine" buttstock.
The Cresent stocks are thinner with much more curvature and are used on "Rifles".
Looking at these three pics you can see the difference.
https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/model-1886/current.html

The Brownings are, (I think,) better, they don't have that stupid rebounding hammer.
Thanks...Agree...Miruko Brownings were/are the best of the 1886s! Never an issue running these...I've had two. They are outstanding fit and finish.

Made in 1993 - this Browning has no thumb safety like the current version of Winchester's saddle ring carbines.

Some may not be aware that an '86 Carbine (Winchester original) was one of the (if not THE) rarest of Winchester lever actions. The Miroku guns revive a model that was rarely and only briefly manufactured. A case-colored receiver would've knocked it outta the park.

In a carbine, working men wanted a light, short gun (caliber would follow that thought).

When the '92 came out, the '86 Carbine (bigger and heavier even to ammunition) made absolutely no further sense.

Now run to your values books, Cherubs, and see what an '86 Carbine would bring. Then add a case-colored receiver.

Last Edited:
**In honor of Independence day coming up, and we winning a little bit of our 2A freedom back, I will give four boxes of 405gr 45-70 ammo to the buyer (two each: Remington and S&B (like the picture)).**

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews