JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I plan to do some outdoor shooting in a bit, but I don't reload and I think this Soviet surplus stuff (7.62x54r) is steel case anyway. What do you guys do with the empty shells? I don't think there is much of a market for empty 7.62x54 shells, so do I just take it to a metal recycler?

When i shoot out in the forest i pick up as many of my spent casings i can find, Brass cases i keep, steel cases and spent shotgun shells i just bring home and put them in the trash.

just a note, i am sure most people on this site pick up the casings in the woods however i do notice lots of shot gun casings left behind, that is not in our favor (gun owners and people that enjoy plink'n in the woods ) that just leads to more shut downs and so on and on

I shoot the same(PSLs and Mosins) and I pick them up and put them in the blue recycling can in my driveway. They're not easily or economically reloaded and can be recovered by the city's recyclers so they're not out rusting in the woods.

one method i found affective for picking up your on casings is placing on old sheet on the ground and then shooting on or next to it depending on where your gun ejects. i fired 250 rounds from a semi auto pistol and only misplaced 5 of those rounds where with ouut the sheet its normally higher and a few will land off the sheet but just give the area a once over when your finishing up then when you love just fold the corners together and youve got a sack full of casings on a side note dont use a sheet with the elastic corners

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top