Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

spent casings

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by slowstang11, Nov 13, 2011.

1. slowstang11

slowstang11 Beaverton Member

I plan to do some outdoor shooting in a bit, but I don't reload and I think this Soviet surplus stuff (7.62x54r) is steel case anyway. What do you guys do with the empty shells? I don't think there is much of a market for empty 7.62x54 shells, so do I just take it to a metal recycler?

2. james83

james83 beaverton oregon I'am feeling fat and sassy

When i shoot out in the forest i pick up as many of my spent casings i can find, Brass cases i keep, steel cases and spent shotgun shells i just bring home and put them in the trash.

3. tashworth1

tashworth1 oregon McMinnville area Active Member

just a note, i am sure most people on this site pick up the casings in the woods however i do notice lots of shot gun casings left behind, that is not in our favor (gun owners and people that enjoy plink'n in the woods ) that just leads to more shut downs and so on and on

4. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

If I see something shiny on a logging road I pull over, so my bro-in-law calls me a brass whore...

5. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I shoot the same(PSLs and Mosins) and I pick them up and put them in the blue recycling can in my driveway. They're not easily or economically reloaded and can be recovered by the city's recyclers so they're not out rusting in the woods.

6. MechanicWithAGlock

MechanicWithAGlock Albany, Oregon Member

one method i found affective for picking up your on casings is placing on old sheet on the ground and then shooting on or next to it depending on where your gun ejects. i fired 250 rounds from a semi auto pistol and only misplaced 5 of those rounds where with ouut the sheet its normally higher and a few will land off the sheet but just give the area a once over when your finishing up then when you love just fold the corners together and youve got a sack full of casings on a side note dont use a sheet with the elastic corners