JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have experience loading the Speer Deepcurl rifle bullets? It says not to treat them like regular jacketed bullets because they're "fused" or some nonsense and to only use Speer data. But Speer no longer supplies Deepcurl data, at least not for the 7mm Remington Magnum. So I'm curious if any of you have a load for these? I bought a handful and don't want to let them rot. I believe they're what's loaded into the federal "fusion" hunting rounds? Any insight is appreciated

Anyone have experience loading the Speer Deepcurl rifle bullets? It says not to treat them like regular jacketed bullets because they're "fused" or some nonsense and to only use Speer data. But Speer no longer supplies Deepcurl data, at least not for the 7mm Remington Magnum. So I'm curious if any of you have a load for these? I bought a handful and don't want to let them rot. I believe they're what's loaded into the federal "fusion" hunting rounds? Any insight is appreciated

Yeah, they are just a cheap bonded bullet. Same as Fusion line, just like you mentioned. I'm sure any load that is safe using an accubond or scirocco of the same weight would be fine.

PS: Did a little googlefu and it looks like if you work up with standard loads, you'll be fine. Pressure signs tend to show sooner with deep curls according to the article. The fear was that people would replace a deep curl on the same charge as another bullet and then have issues.

Last Edited:
Great! Thanks for the info, I'll look into those other bullets for comparison and keep my charges low.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews