JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Medford Rifle and Pistol Club presents

"STEEL CHALLENGE MATCH"

SHOOTERS CAN SHOOT THE MATCH WITH THE GUN THEY BRING TO THE MATCH. WE WILL BE SHOOTING FIVE COURSES (STAGES) .
WE ARE LIMITING SHOOTERS TO USING ONLY ONE GUN.
THIS IS DUE TO THE INCREASED NUMBER OF SHOOTERS AND THE LIMITED NUMBER OF RANGE OFFICERS.

CASH DRAWINGS AFTER THE MATCH

This Sunday, January 8th, 2012
Registration Starts at 8:30 am Shooting Starts at 9:00am The Entry fee is $12
This match will be held at the Training and Reserve Ranges
of the Jackson County Sports Park
The ranges are through the gate at the south end of the Pubic Shooting Ranges,
off the corner of Kershaw and Corey Roads, White City.

Course of Fire will be 5 Steel Courses
That's a minimum of 125 rounds
Chosen and set up for your shooting pleasure by your Match Directors

Firearms: You can shoot with any centerfire pistol or any 22LR rimfire pistol or rifle
Scoring will be based on the time it takes you to hit 5 Steel Targets, each with one shot.
Each set of targets will be shot 5 times. The slowest of the 5 times for each stage will be thrown out.
Your total time for each of the 5 stages will then be added together for your Total Time Score.

Shooters will compete against shooters using the same type of pistol or rifle.
Local pistol and rifle classes include: Semi-Auto with Iron Sights and Semi-Auto with Optics,
& Revolvers with Iron Sights and Revolvers with Optics; in both Centerfire & .22 Rimfire categories.
FYI-- Laser Sights are allowed in the Optics classes

Holsters will be required for shooters in the Centerfire Pistol classes.
All Rimfire shooters will start from a low-hold ready position.

All shooters will need a gun rug or range bag into which to secure their firearm when not shooting.
Don't forget to bring Sight and Hearing Protection, Range Bags,
Ammunition (a minimum of 125 rounds per firearm), Firearms,
Extra Magazines and/or Speed loaders (5 recommended), Pen/Pencil/paper, Water
Needless to say ----"Dress for the Weather"

If you are unfamiliar with Steel Challenge, Go to
http://steelchallenge.com/media/steel-challenge-history.html

Medford Rifle and Pistol Club www.mrpc.info
You need not be a club member to participate in this match Bring a friend or two
Come early and help set up the course at 8 am. Bring some leather gloves.

=======================

Last Edited:
Mike, Josephine Sportman Park also let you shoot steel plate on Action Pistol day too. Dont have to drive far to Medford.
Yea, I am all the way down here in GP.
Medford Rifle & Pistol Club shoots the speed steel at the Rogue Valley Shooting Sports Association Range in White City the second Sunday of the month. $12 fee includes the range and match.
Medford Rifle and Pistol Club
Mike

Thanks Benny, Ill have to check it out.

Last Sunday Speed Steel had a new class. Rifle/pistol combo. 3 stages rifle and two stages pistol. Lots of fun trying out the stock 10/22 for speed steel.
Mike

Im gonna try speed steel at TCGC this Saturday. I cant find any Ruger MK III mags locally. Ive got 3 but Ive heard I need 5. If anyone has 2 in good or better shape please PM me.
Thanks, Dave

Dave, Speed steel is on Sunday not Saturday. (try Hillsboro Gun show this weekend). If you don't find any come on down anyway. There may be someone there who can help. If the weather's nice there may be a lot of shooters (74 last month).

I'll be there with my 10/22s

if the weather is nice?? dreamer !! :)
think I"ll shoot the new 22/45 with open sights.would love to shoot the 1911 but the rocks their at THIRTY of my rifle brass at the last cowpoke shoot. :( whine,whine

sting time is what.9 am? see ya there Mike !

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews