JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Saturday I got to shoot a little speed steel at one of the local ranges. There were 5 stages but I was only able to shoot two of the stages because of a prior commitment. Good fun but I have to say those steel targets will move on you. I think it might be the mighty blast from the Glock that scared them because I did much better when shooting .22's at them.
5 steel targets at 5 different distances shooting them each once for time. You get to do that 4 or 5 times. If you miss one target you have to keep shooting until you get it or you take a 5 second penalty. My last string of fire it felt like I emptied a 17 round magazine to get those 5 targets. With all the misses, I mean moving targets, I did get some magazine change practice in. The Tactical Solutions .22 slide conversion did well. Had two fail to fire but a quick rack of the slide got it back on target. No failures from the 40-9 conversion barrel. Only misses from those pesky metal targets. You know the ones that kept moving because they were scared. I know some of those targets moved because the .22 rifle shooters missed too. Hope to do that again.
Mike

Tri-County this Sunday, 1/1/12. Can't think of a better way to start off the new year. Weather guessers are saying cold but dry.
I'll be there!

Mike, shooting steel plates is fun and a great way to improve your speed and accuracy.
Some of the guys on that range can draw and hit all five steel plates in three seconds or less. I am the guy who made most of the steel targets and equipment on that range.

Dennis

waitaminute ! my calendar shows this coming sunday as speed steel. ????

that is from the 'old' calendar, I need a name and pssword to get to the 'new' calendar,what the heck is that all about?

Throck,
Bruzer is down in Grants Pass. I doubt he is talking about tri-county. I just checked tri-county's calender and it is this Sunday. If you are a member and need the password for the calender, just drop me a PM.

EDIT - Actually, don't PM me, I don't have it. I plugged it in once from the newsletter this past summer and now it just shows up as ********. I guess you will have to email TCGC to get it.

not a memeber.the fact that the celendar needs a pssword makes me thinik they are heading towards going' members only' there.I see that the shotgun are is going to be 'mmebers only and their guests' after the 1st. Sure hope not, I like shooting there occasionaly,but my home range is my fav. place to shoot.

The TCGC Speed Steel match is still open to non-members, as are all the matches I know of.

I will be there with the Uzi, cuz I gotta be contradictory.

H

TCGC Sunday Jan 1st 9:00 to 3:00.

I'll be there with my Mk II

DSC_5826.jpg

Thanks Mike, Didn't build it for Speed Steel but we'll see how well it works tomorrow. This has always been my kids favorite gun to shoot cause it looks cool. That was their main reason. Mine is because you can make one raggady hole at 25 yds with it.

Hopefully I'll be "in shape" to shoot speed steel tomorrow. If so, I just have to decide what to shoot.... .45, .22/45, or the newly "tactical'd" 10/22 with a red dot.... hmmmm
Either way I'll be at TCGC tomorrow playing in the Action Range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top