JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$400
City
Eugene
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hey guys I had some plans to develop some body armor for testing using a Boron Carbide strike face tile; backed with a 7075 Aluminum Foam bathed with Non Newtonian Fluid made of Polyethylene Glycol, Silica Nano Particles, and Double Wall Carbon Nanotubes.

Unfortunately I ran into some supply chain delays and the project was never brought to fruition. However this means that YOU TO can make poor financial decisions and develop your own new age flexible liquid body armor; potentially becoming a multi millionaire in the process! Or going broke and dying lonely and penny-less, depends on how much you indulge in the pleasures of Thailand and high mountain Himalayan licking toads.

The silica nano particles are mixed with the polyethylene glycol and carbon nano tubes under ultra sonic cavitation for 10-16 hours, during this time the silica particles are forced inside the carbon nano tubes resulting in a much stronger Shear Thickening Fluid that will maintain its strength for a much longer impact duration.
The idea was to use a Boron carbide strike face and bath a aluminum foam in this STF fluid and wrap it in a self healing rubber. Unfortunately some of these items are hard to acquire at a reasonable cost. So here we are.
If you purchase this kit in its entirety I will gladly share my research and designs with you.

I realize this is a very niche market, if you want any of the following items please let me know as I am willing to part this out. Figured I would list here before selling on ebay.
Costs are what I payed new for the items

1 - gallon Polyethylene Glycol (100$)

1 - ounce Double & Single walled carbon nanotubes (135$)
^^^ (exact measurement & specs coming soon)^^^

1 - kilogram Silica Nano Particles (200$)

60 - Boron Carbide (B4C) Tiles
40 - Silicon Carbide (Sic) Tiles (250$ for both bc4 & SiC)
^^^ (dimensions coming soon)^^^

1 - 3Liter Ultra sonic mixer (80$)

I'll get better pictures up this evening. Thanks!

Open to trades for battle ship mounted rail guns, 4th dimension spectrometers, and Raspberry Uncrustable sandwiches.

40B8A46E-8ECB-46BA-B001-40C7AE61F46D.jpeg A8906813-CDCD-47B6-A98E-8FE1153E996B.jpeg E300446F-7C18-40CF-B506-2B2785EDB1E4.png 266B284E-37EF-4FF7-9A44-9EFB6DD17038.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top