JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tonight, Saturday, I just was at the Century Cedar Hills Beaverton movie theater to see Hacksaw Ridge and guess what? They have ARMED guards!

Has anyone seen this before?

Never go to the theaters any more. Got tired of some As$#ole with his damn cell phone or parents with baby crying in an R rated movie. Never heard of armed guards here yet. Not sure if I saw one with them I would feel better or worse. Having worked with some armed security before a LOT of them should not be allowed out with a gun. The old movie "Armed and Dangerous" often comes to mind when I see one.

Is the theater a free kill zone place? Can you CC? If the joint is a free kill zone and the management decides they need ARMED guards, then there is no way I would attend that theater. Also I would make my decision very vocally known to management followed up with a written letter to the powers that be.

Reason? Extreme example. If that happened at Grants Pass Oregon, their ticket count would approach zero. Josephine County. The Southern end of our County has practically ZERO law enforcement. If nobody attends their films, policy will change. I also do not like war or shoot 'em up films. Respectfully.

SO, Let me get this strait, A movie theater has "Hired" armed security who have firearms? What weight or force of law do these Guards possess and by who's authority? Wouldn't that be a Police State by definition? And, does this further infringe upon my Right to self defense? If these Axxhol's are NOT Badged deputized LEO, Then they are illegal in a Public environ! NO THANKS, I will stay at home and NetFlix any show I would have gone to see!

SO, Let me get this strait, A movie theater has "Hired" armed security who have firearms? What weight or force of law do these Guards possess and by who's authority? Wouldn't that be a Police State by definition? And, does this further infringe upon my Right to self defense? If these Axxhol's are NOT Badged deputized LEO, Then they are illegal in a Public environ! NO THANKS, I will stay at home and NetFlix any show I would have gone to see!

How is that illegal in Beaverton? Armed on private property that is open to the public?

I feel like so many people on here are just looking for a reason to get mad, like everyone is pissed that so many theaters (not this one) have no gun signs and cite reasons of security for that, so when one theater shows they take some level of care for their patrons, people still get pissed.

There is no pleasing anyone.

It's the Legal aspect that worries me. They remove my rights, yet grant extra ( Mercenary) right's to others who are not Sworn Deputies or Legal LEO to carry out armed security in a public venue! Who do they answer to? Who over sees them legally? What happens if they shoot, are they held to the same standards as LEO? What legal recourse do we have if one of them pops off a wild shot and hits an innocent, Who is held accountable then? Who trains them, and to what standards are they trained to? Me thinks this is a Very BAD Idea!!! How bout you take down the No Gun Signs and instead make it a welcome carry zone and let me decide what sort of personal security I wish to provide my self and my family!

Last Edited:
Tonight, Saturday, I just was at the Century Cedar Hills Beaverton movie theater to see Hacksaw Ridge and guess what? They have ARMED guards!

Has anyone seen this before?

I know that some theater security concerns have been expressed about the upcoming movie based on the violent mature 18+ video game ASSASSIN'S CREED. But that is a full month away from being released in theaters, on Dec 21st

There are some concerns that some crazy fan of that game might want to nuts at a showing, and kill people. It would be something like what that nutcase in Colorado did for the Batman movie, dressing up as the Joker.

120723091020-holmes-booking-photo-gallery-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Maybe they just want people to feel safer during the holidays. Would an Islamic Terrorist pick Thanksgiving or Christmas to make an attack?? Theaters are very soft targets to hit, as everyone inside is unarmed.

Last Edited:
We have an outside company at my work that hires armed guards.

They are your typical mall ninjas.
Sometimes you will get retired LEOs. There was a couple guys that I wouldn't trust with a flashlight.

Personally I think it's a good idea, However, I won't allow that in place of my personal carry.

I will carry no matter what, if they don't like it they can ask me to leave and I will respectfully oblige.

Of course I've only been to 2 movies in probably 6 years.
Lone Survivor
American Sniper
Pretty sure I wasn't alone

The question is, what authority do they have? I'm all for an extra layer of protection. I'll still keep my system. But how are they different from mall, Safeway or any other private security? If they try to go hands on, as far as I am concerned they are Joe Blow. They can call the police and I'll deal with them if i decided to stay.

I know that some theater

View attachment 324445

Maybe they just want people to feel safer during the holidays. Would an Islamic Terrorist pick Thanksgiving or Christmas to make an attack?? Theaters are very soft targets to hit, as everyone inside is unarmed.
Unless they have a metal detector out front I am armed. If they do put up a screening station out front I would never even consider buying a ticket.

I don't always pack a pistol.... actually I do lol... and that isn't the only thing I take with me. I take snacks and water with me and I CC that as well lol, I take extra mag, bright flashlight and I make sure I chose where I sit. I am not paying $10 for two drops of water, a half of a potato chip, and one bite of a candy bar.
I don't go to the movies a lot, my work gives out free tickets form time to time, and I have a few free tickets and I will be going out on a few dates soon so I'm sure I'll be going out to the movies soon.

If I do see armed security there, I think I will go and talk to him/her and pick their brain. I work in the security industry and in my experience, I'd say a good bunch are idiots and I would not trust them with a gun (I've had my moments too... just being honest). But bottom line, I see another "good guy" with a gun and more good guys with guns (that armed security and I) the better the odds. I just hope they don't mistake me for a bad guy and shoot me too... that would suck lol.

I have never been physically searched but if they try, I will ask for the most attractive person and they have to buy me dinner before they touch me. If that doesn't fly, I guess I'll leave and I will ask if I can have my free tickets returned to me. I would not make a scene, I would be polite, and I will pull out my snacks and eat them as I walk away lol. I will however leave without any issues because I wouldn't want to deal with the Waffen SS.... I mean the Beaverton PD ;)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top