JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't really ever appreciated the difference in the generations. I'm kinda anti Glock. For ignorant reasons. But what's really different? When did the drop these bricks? 30 years ago and they just upped the trigger? Can't get mad at Simple Jack….. he gets it done no matter how pretty.
I'm glad they are prominent and reliable. Diversity (besides caliber and size) I'm oblivious to. Until you drop another $500-1000 aftermarket.
I think you'd have to draw a picture for me, in order for me to understand the point of RETRO. Who's Simple really…?
That being said, I should have bought a Glock a long time ago. Because now I won't. Clones are good enough to satisfy the idea.

Retro...really ?
A pistol styled after one made in the 1980's...Hmmm...
As if that is old or retro.... :D

Retro did you say...?
How 'bout a pistol made in the 1500's...?
I have a Wheellock pistol....the lock , furniture and inlays are antique originals....the stock and barrel are new.

In any event...
I could see some folks buying the pistol in the OP.
Maybe some Glock fans don't have an original 17 or perhaps they like the features of the original model over some of the new "perfections"....:D
Andy

I'm not anti-Glock, just like I'm not anti-cat- anymore.... Heck I'm considering a G20 for the 10mm experience. If I don't scratch that one with a HiPoint first. I gotta praise the new gen5 G19, fits me to a "T".
But, not unlike cats, I used to hate 'em for what they aren't. In the case of cats, dawgs, in the case of Glocks, St J.M.B designs made in Hartford or Liege. That said the Glock design has grown on me, and only time and use will show whether they will last as long as my 1911's and BHP's have...
That said, they will probably suit me fine until I run out the clock on this Earth..

Retro...really ?
A pistol styled after one made in the 1980's...Hmmm...
As if that is old or retro.... :D

Retro did you say...?
How 'bout a pistol made in the 1500's...?
I have a Wheellock pistol....the lock , furniture and inlays are antique originals....the stock and barrel are new.

In any event...
I could see some folks buying the pistol in the OP.
Maybe some Glock fans don't have an original 17 or perhaps they like the features of the original model over some of the new "perfections"....:D
Andy
Looks like sumthin one a my ancestors woulda used on summa my OTHER ancestors BITD:eek:...

I just bought a brand new Glock 17 gen 1. It's a beautiful thing to me 'cause I love Glocks. I personally can't wait to pick it up next week and take it out to the range. Sorry all you Glock haters but there are those who do appreciate this gem.

I just bought a brand new Glock 17 gen 1. It's a beautiful thing to me 'cause I love Glocks. I personally can't wait to pick it up next week and take it out to the range. Sorry all you Glock haters but there are those who do appreciate this gem.
Are you going to use it or will it become a safe queen? I know the 1st and 2nd generation cannot accommodate and weapon light by default but they do sell aftermarket rail for them.

https://recovertactical.com/product/rc12-rail-for-the-glock-17-22-gen-1-2/

Is that the early Glock 7? The German porcelain one that doesn't show up in airport XRay machines? I hear theyre pretty expensive.
I'd say more than you make in a month but I've seen enough of your build threads that I may be wrong. :D