Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Some pics from my shooting trip in Arizona

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JimmyS1985, Apr 6, 2012.

1. JimmyS1985

JimmyS1985 St.Louis Active Member

We took a trip out in the middle of the desert off the Jay Six ranch road in a place called Happy Valley

DSCN0052.jpg

We traveled about 12 miles in past the highway and had to go through several ranchers private property, we saw lots of cows, so we could get to the federal land and start shooting where we didn't have to worry about any possibility of livestock.

DSCN0043.jpg

Here is my dads 1974 Ford 100 XLT, its a beautiful truck from the 70's in pretty good shape even today.

DSCN0051.jpg

Here is a couple picture of the scenery of the Arizona landscape.

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

Here is a picture of a can I almost blew in half with a direct hit from a .44 magnum revolver, I believe the make was Rugar but Im not sure what the model was.

DSCN0046.jpg

Here is a couple pictures of me, one is with me and my Beretta M9, the other picture I am using a Browning .308 rifle, not sure of the model, but it is the same rifle that the Missouri State Highway Patrol uses to end hostage situations. Bruised my shoulder pretty good after firing about a dozen rounds, very powerful, very accurate. I couldn't shoot that rifle all day due to the recoil, but it is really fun to shoot that rifle.

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  2. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

Looks like you had a nice time. Get some recoil reduction on that rifle and shot more.

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Kind of looks like the high desert country here in Oregon.

Neat old truck and looks very well maintained. I love the 70's and earlier vintage Ford and Chevy pickups. If you don't want to modify the .308 for recoil reduction, get a PAST recoil shield. It's basically a strap on padded recoil pad. I have one and it really helps tame some of the harder recoiling rifles.

4. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

There's no mud.

I wish I were you.

Mike