JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've also noticed that the vast majority of new posters I run across also use full names in their usernames. I'm starting to think these are shills trying to sabotage. They are thread crapping like crazy in the classifieds.

I've also noticed that the vast majority of new posters I run across also use full names in their usernames. I'm starting to think these are shills trying to sabotage. They are thread crapping like crazy in the classifieds.
I have not noticed this but I don't look at much in that section. Are you hitting the report button when they do? Make the Mods earn that big pay they get to keep them in line :s0140:
Seriously though if you report them one of the Mods will wash them out.

I have not noticed this but I don't look at much in that section. Are you hitting the report button when they do? Make the Mods earn that big pay they get to keep them in line :s0140:
Seriously though if you report them one of the Mods will wash them out.

Yeah, they get reported and the mods jump on the thread to clean things up. I notice it in other people's threads too though. The point is there is a pattern here. So many new users, with full names, thread crapping and asking suspicious questions, making suspicious posts.

The mods don't get paid BTW, they are volunteers.

Yeah, they get reported and the mods jump on the thread to clean things up. I notice it in other people's threads too though. The point is there is a pattern here. So many new users, with full names, thread crapping and asking suspicious questions, making suspicious posts.

The mods don't get paid BTW, they are volunteers.
That would be why I had the emoji of laughing before I said
" Seriously though if you report them one of the Mods will wash them out. "
It's an open forum for people to sign up far as I know. So if the Mods are knocking the stuff down as fast as people point it out what is it you want?
Joe could set this up as some others where you can not use web based e-mail but that would probably knock a lot of people out. I have found a few groups I wanted to join that would not let me because they will only allow you to sign up with an email account using something like outlook. So that left me out. Not allowed to use my work E-mail for stuff like that and that is the only time I use Outlook. My ISP, as far as I know does have an account for me. I have no clue what it is and no desire to try to figure out how to use it. If Joe wants to lock this down to only those accounts it would I have to guess slow down what is bothering you? For me it's easier to just hit 'Next" and or skip over people who have nothing to say I care about <shrug>

That would be why I had the emoji of laughing before I said
" Seriously though if you report them one of the Mods will wash them out. "
It's an open forum for people to sign up far as I know. So if the Mods are knocking the stuff down as fast as people point it out what is it you want?

The point of the thread was merely to see if others have noticed the pattern/trend. I'm asking if anyone has noticed the sudden influx of suspicious posters who operate the same way, and almost all of the accounts I come across the usernames are full names (that are likely fakes). Where did anyone other than you say anything about me wanting the mods to do anything? As I said yes, they get reported, that's not the point. Not sure what the point of your comments are....it's a discussion thread to see if it's just me that has noticed it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads