JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Is this an RPK in .308, or is this a .308 version of the Yugo M76 8mm sniper rifle which Mitchell imported and also called an M90? A picture would be great, if possible. Thanks :) .

Keith

Is this an RPK in .308, or is this a .308 version of the Yugo M76 8mm sniper rifle which Mitchell imported and also called an M90? A picture would be great, if possible. Thanks :) .

Keith

Hi Keith this is a mitchell yugo in 308 it is the standard model not the rpk.
it has a stamped reciever with a 20 inch barrel.also forgot to mention that the m90 model had the night sights removed.i was able to get a set and installed them.they are dim but they are there.i will get some pictures out thursday.

Thanks Beagle. From your description, this isn't the Mitchell M76/M90 sniper. Besides, you'd be about $3500 too low if it were. I wasn't aware of a regular AK in .308. Interesting. Thanks in advance for the pictures.

Keith

Here's a pic of my Yugo to give you guys an idea what it is. Hope you don't mind, OP. The .308 was designated the M77. Pre-ban Mitchell imports were marked AK-47. Post bans had the AK-47 scratched out and re-designated M90. I have 2 of them. Good price on this one.

deban006.jpg

M14 mags are easily modified to fit. Original mags are spendy and rare. Mine is pictured with an M14 mag. The other mag in the pic is a Galil .308 12 rd. mag. Not as easy to modify but very doable.

Thanks for the picture. I did a bit of research on these last night. The idea of an AK in .308 (or an AR in 5.45x39 for that matter) is a bit too awkward for my brain to comfortably grasp. Still, I suppose its no more unusual than a Yugoslavian AK in 8mm, which I'll be buying in about a month. Otherwise it looks like a really nice clean AK build...very nice wood and I like the in-the-white bolt carrier. Gotta hand it to the Serbs, they build good stuff (except cars :) ).

Keith

Here's a pic of my Yugo to give you guys an idea what it is. Hope you don't mind, OP. The .308 was designated the M77. Pre-ban Mitchell imports were marked AK-47. Post bans had the AK-47 scratched out and re-designated M90. I have 2 of them. Good price on this one.

deban006.jpg

M14 mags are easily modified to fit. Original mags are spendy and rare. Mine is pictured with an M14 mag. The other mag in the pic is a Galil .308 12 rd. mag. Not as easy to modify but very doable.

thanks for putting a pic up they are nice guns i just need to sell off a couple for some doctor bills. i have more pictures of the bolt and carrier for anyone who needs it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.