Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

SOLD

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by silversnl, Jul 14, 2013.

1. silversnl

silversnl Portland, Or Member

SOLD

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Sorry man, don't want to poop on your thread but the MAC-90 was a direct result of the Clinton Ban. There is no "pre ban" MAC-90. Non threaded barrel, no muzzle brake, no pistol grip, no bayo, and a 10 round mag. They can be easily converted over to a reall AK with a little work. Plus they shoot great. GLWTS....free bump

3. Ed69

Ed69 OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you look around, all the MAK-90's you see for sale are from a certain era, prior to them being completely banned from import. There are no new MAK-90's currently being imported into the US, correct?

If anyone is thinking about the Clinton AWB, yes, there are somewhat rare examples which have the bayo-lug and barrel threads intact, come with the AK stock-set rather than the Sporter thumbhole-stocks. Those are often referred to as Polytechs just to differentiate from Norinco MAK-90's though all made from the same factories.

In short, MAK-90's are all Pre-Ban -nothing special about that. It would be extraordinary to have a post-ban MAK-90 as it is essentially illegal to own regardless of its configuration.

4. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

That is just a standard SKS.(the paratrooper models have 16inch barrels instead of the standard 20inch that your rifle has)

5. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I am sorry but MAK-90 stands for "modified ak..1990". A direct result of the ban.

6. silversnl

silversnl Portland, Or Member

Thanks guys. I was getting my information from a friend. They are his rifles, I just listed them for him. Regardless, they are sold.