Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SOLD

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by silversnl, Jul 14, 2013.

1. silversnl

silversnl Portland, Or Member

SOLD

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Sorry man, don't want to poop on your thread but the MAC-90 was a direct result of the Clinton Ban. There is no "pre ban" MAC-90. Non threaded barrel, no muzzle brake, no pistol grip, no bayo, and a 10 round mag. They can be easily converted over to a reall AK with a little work. Plus they shoot great. GLWTS....free bump

3. Ed69

Ed69 OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you look around, all the MAK-90's you see for sale are from a certain era, prior to them being completely banned from import. There are no new MAK-90's currently being imported into the US, correct?

If anyone is thinking about the Clinton AWB, yes, there are somewhat rare examples which have the bayo-lug and barrel threads intact, come with the AK stock-set rather than the Sporter thumbhole-stocks. Those are often referred to as Polytechs just to differentiate from Norinco MAK-90's though all made from the same factories.

In short, MAK-90's are all Pre-Ban -nothing special about that. It would be extraordinary to have a post-ban MAK-90 as it is essentially illegal to own regardless of its configuration.

4. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

That is just a standard SKS.(the paratrooper models have 16inch barrels instead of the standard 20inch that your rifle has)

5. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I am sorry but MAK-90 stands for "modified ak..1990". A direct result of the ban.

6. silversnl

silversnl Portland, Or Member

Thanks guys. I was getting my information from a friend. They are his rifles, I just listed them for him. Regardless, they are sold.