JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been wanting to get a solar-powered watch, and have been looking at the Casio Pro Trek line (specifically the Pro Trek PRW2500T Tough Solar Digital Sport Watch). It seems well reviewed, and I like the fact that it has a built in tide graph, since I like to crab.

Anybody here have any experience with the Pro Trek line?

protrek.jpg

Still needs a battery after a couple years. Wife had a very nice solar watch. Lasted 4 years before the battery needed replacement. Better than a year, like most non solar last I guess. Still not like my automatic that just keeps on going as long as I wear it daily.

I dig the tide graph on that watch. Handy.

Good point, hadn't considered that type of watch for some reason.
I've got a beater Seiko automatic that I've had for what feels like forever.

I've been gifted nicer watches, also autos, that I just don't wear.

Of course after a few days autos stop. But all you need is a winder, or just put it on and after a bit set it.

I really like the Casio G-Shock's
I've never had to replace a battery in any of mine.
My first one still comes back to life and the correct time when it's been in the drawer for months.
I prefer large face analog watches.
Screenshot_20200111-162631.png

I really like my citizen eco-drive. They have a pretty wide variance in price. Costco has some for around 200 bucks (on up). Ive had mine for a year and a half, not once has it been below 75% battery

I got one of the earliest Citizen Eco-Drive watches for a Father's Day gift a long time ago. I know it was over 15 years. Lots of abuse and it is still on time all the time. Glows in the dark like no other. I have gone through a number of watch bands.

+1 for the Eco-Drive. This one has been my every day watch for 5 years or more. I've killed several Seiko, automatics, usually within 2 years. This one has the benefit of always being right as it is "radio controlled" and syncs with the national time service.

How scratch resistant is the face? any non-recessed watch I've had has tended to get pretty scratched up.

How scratch resistant is the face? any non-recessed watch I've had has tended to get pretty scratched up.

My band (metal links) has taken some abuse, but the face still is scratch free. Ive had a couple other watches that ive managed to scratch. But this thing hasnt so far. Wear it working on my cars, at work, etc. I wore it elk hunting in november as well going through some fairly thick forest.

Well...
I'm a rancher 16-20 hours out of every day with all the dirt, rocks, mud and grime that comes with it. Aside from taking it off to snap a picture of it a few minutes ago, the only time it comes off my wrist is when it's dirty enough to justify cleaning it. I just looked it over real good and there are a couple scratches that are so tiny I have to get the light on them just right to even see them...

Well...
I'm a rancher 16-20 hours out of every day with all the dirt, rocks, mud and grime that comes with it. Aside from taking it off to snap a picture of it a few minutes ago, the only time it comes off my wrist is when it's dirty enough to justify cleaning it. I just looked it over real good and there are a couple scratches that are so tiny I have to get the light on them just right to even see them...

Thanks, that's great real-world usage feedback. I've had a few expensive watches that have scratched far too easily.

I hear they've been actually been able to make a watch that can just be "wound-up" every couple of days. there's no batteries to go dead and no need to have a sunny day.

You can even get one with now that has NO MOVING PARTS

1578964229942.png

Ain't modern technology a wonder?

I got this one.

Has it met your expectations so far? It seems fairly similar to the model I was looking at.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top