JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So today I went to the range and brought a friend. We unloaded the truck and he pulls out a Hi-point 995 carbine. So with my limited knowledge of the rifle, I made fun of him. Hi-point is my mind has been worthless, never owned one, never desired to......maybe until today. So he runs that rifle in 3 gun tactical matches, apparently a lot of them do. So after he gave me the "it ain't a typical Hi-point speech, I tried it out, wow, what a fun rifle for the price, he paid 280 for it a while back and he was telling me it eats anything, with not one issue. I know I will hear the typical it's crap gun, but my first impression was much more than I expected. It's ugly,but it was fun to shot!

My wife has one.....she brought it home one day and I nearly threw up at the sight of it. Its hideous.
Let me tell you, its really fun to shoot. Its pretty accurate, the sights are decent and like you said, no problem with any ammo of any kind. They are uber-ugly. But for under $300, I might end up getting another one just for kicks.

I hear wonderful things about the carbines, the pistols however seem to catch nothing by flak. They are big, bulky, ugly things and it looks like they use a paint brush to apply the finish on the barrels.

What threw me was it had the last round lock open, I heard before all there guns did not have it, this one did.
Now I don't love the 10 round mag, but whatev, I hear they are hard to find so I don't know, for 3 bills I might be a buyer since I have better luck finding 9 ammo than .22.

What threw me was it had the last round lock open, I heard before all there guns did not have it, this one did.
Now I don't love the 10 round mag, but whatev, I hear they are hard to find so I don't know, for 3 bills I might be a buyer since I have better luck finding 9 ammo than .22.

My wife's stays open after the last round as well....I had to think about it for minute to remember. Yeah, the 10 round mags suck. I have seen some of the larger capacity ones, but haven't pulled the trigger ( pardon the pun) . If you go on YouTube, Nutnfancy has a pretty good run and gun/ tabletop review of the Hi-Point Carbine. Check it out.

My wife's stays open after the last round as well....I had to think about it for minute to remember. Yeah, the 10 round mags suck. I have seen some of the larger capacity ones, but haven't pulled the trigger ( pardon the pun) . If you go on YouTube, Nutnfancy has a pretty good run and gun/ tabletop review of the Hi-Point Carbine. Check it out.
I just previewed a bit of it, we'll he loves it! Might drop some cash this week if I can find one. Maybe I can airbrush the stock camo or some tiger stripped....no, that will make it look worse. I don't know, does it have to be pretty to be totally functional? Wait, I can answer that question:
Hillary Clinton------->ugly------=useless! answered my own question lol

They look nice to me when you put an ati stock on it. I had one a while back; it had an ATI stock, a barrel shroud and I polished all of the metal. It looked pretty nice. I might do one again if the funds come up some time soon. Mine looked like this, only I kept the stock black.

<broken link removed>

They look nice to me when you put an ati stock on it. I had one a while back; it had an ATI stock, a barrel shroud and I polished all of the metal. It looked pretty nice. I might do one again if the funds come up some time soon. Mine looked like this, only I kept the stock black.

<broken link removed>

Just looked at the website for ATI, appears they don't make that anymore

I had one, sold it to someone on this here forum. Never had any trouble. Just didn't shoot it enough. It is a good home gun.

There are other PCC out there. One feature I might like is to match the magazines I already own. For example, get one which
takes Glock mags - 33rd are available. Swap with your pistol.

Also, I recommend replacing the trigger.

So just an update, I bought one, it don't understand the pricing scheme but whatever.....I got the rifle, 3 mags for 329, (pro comp package?) now, I could have got the basic package with same rifle and one mag for 319. Hmmmmmm. So I got to the range, slapped a red dot on it and installed the charging handle, not in love with the left side charge but whatever, shot good, so in time we will see. Like it so far.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top