JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Front and center on cnn.com right now is this headline: "Gunman used AK-47 to fire on crowd, police say".

I think we will continue to see this kind of thing in the news as a way of giving Barrack Obama a way to say he is giving the people what they want.

"These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America," Mayor Manuel Diaz said.

"It was like a war zone," resident Joan Rutherford told CNN affiliate WSVN

Police Chief John Timoney, towards the end of this video, said Joe Biden assured him a new assault weapons ban would go into effect.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/01/24/dnt.assault.weapons.cnn

Front and center on cnn.com right now is this headline: "Gunman used AK-47 to fire on crowd, police say".

I think we will continue to see this kind of thing in the news as a way of giving Barrack Obama a way to say he is giving the people what they want.

"These are weapons of war, and they don't belong on the streets of Miami or any other street in America," Mayor Manuel Diaz said.

"It was like a war zone," resident Joan Rutherford told CNN affiliate WSVN

Eff. They're trying to expedite their agenda.

The neutered AK-47's we have here in the US can HARDLY be called assault weapons.

Wonder if they're going to try and take back the ones we already have. Any informed opinions on this?

Now there has been a similar incident in Portland. 9 shot last night in downtown Portland.

"Police believe a man fatally shot two people and wounded seven others outside a downtown Portland nightclub and a neighboring bar Saturday night before turning the gun on himself."
<broken link removed>

Eff. They're trying to expedite their agenda.

The neutered AK-47's we have here in the US can HARDLY be called assault weapons.

Wonder if they're going to try and take back the ones we already have. Any informed opinions on this?

My thinking on this is that at the very least Obama will pass a Clinton style assault weapons ban. The list of 'banned' weapons will be much larger and the ban won't sunset. BUT all currently owned weapons will be grandfathered in.

I was a child in 1994 so I don't remember what kind of response gun owners had to Clinton's ban but there obviously wasn't a civil war that time so passing a similar, but expanded, ban would be safe.

Democrats will be able to say they 'banned' assault weapons. Gun owners will still have their guns. Politics as usual.

Ok, so this may be going waaaay out on a limb, but.......

If the criminals go out and use 'assault' type weapons for their crimes now, that would just get the fire going all the more to ban them. Then all who would have them would be criminals. See where I'm going with this?

Criminals are fanning the ban themselves, as they have nothing to worry about.

Firearms are like cars, great untill they are operated by the wrong person. Im sure there are no laws banning automobiles, but I pretty sure more people are killed or injured buy autos than firearms. I am also pretty sure that more autos are used in crimes than firearms. My .02 is that if criminals had much more severe punishments for all types of crime and not just a slap on the wrist, they would be much less likely to commit crimes of any sort. Ban the criminals not the guns. Work camps and manual labor is not unfair, commiting crimes against others is.

Firearms are like cars, great untill they are operated by the wrong person. Im sure there are no laws banning automobiles, but I pretty sure more people are killed or injured buy autos than firearms. I am also pretty sure that more autos are used in crimes than firearms. My .02 is that if criminals had much more severe punishments for all types of crime and not just a slap on the wrist, they would be much less likely to commit crimes of any sort. Ban the criminals not the guns. Work camps and manual labor is not unfair, commiting crimes against others is.

Yep. If convicted of crime using a firearm... add an additional 25 years onto the sentence.

No, if a firearm is used in the crime then Death should be the approved punishment. As a taxpayer I'm tired of footing the bill for everyone that breaks the law. It's time for real punishment. No more of this 3 hot's, a cot, and cable BS. Exterminate the vermin.

Yep. If convicted of crime using a firearm... add an additional 25 years onto the sentence.

Why is using a firearm special? If firearms require special sentences than they can require special restrictions. How about any violent crime where a weapon (firearm, knife, crowbar, rock) is used with the intent to seriously injure someone or does seriously injure or kill someone results in an additional 25 years (or death).

No, if a firearm is used in the crime then Death should be the approved punishment. As a taxpayer I'm tired of footing the bill for everyone that breaks the law. It's time for real punishment. No more of this 3 hot's, a cot, and cable BS. Exterminate the vermin.

I agree !

And further, don't have the scum lounging at our expense for 20 years before putting them down!

If our laws and punishments were made and enforced, with the true intent to protect our society, instead of the perpitraitors, we might have some unemployed prison guards, but a much safer place to live. We might not even feel the need to be armed when we go out for dinner!

Frog.

Why is using a firearm special? If firearms require special sentences than they can require special restrictions. How about any violent crime where a weapon (firearm, knife, crowbar, rock) is used with the intent to seriously injure someone or does seriously injure or kill someone results in an additional 25 years (or death).

No kidding!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads