1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

SnowMobiling this weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RallySoob, Apr 25, 2011.

1. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

I went snowmobiling with some friends this weekend. It was my first time riding a fast sled... Not sure I like it as much as I htought I would though. In comparison to quads or dirt bikes they handle terrible. Super heavy and fast with less control than any other machine I have driven. Had a good time though! My buddy got a good deal on a RX1, it has a R1 streetbike motor in it. The other friend has a newer one with a supercharger and his dad has one with a turbo that pushes 280HP! People really get into these things...

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Ha ha you've never seen my old neighbor ride a sled.And he was a big boy

On my first trip,he took me from Greenwater (Enumclaw area) to Naches.Epic ride on a Thursday night.
    (prime rib night at the other side) Then the 5 of us rented a cabin and rode back in the morning.

Love snow machines,but $5k for something I can ride a lot every 4 years or every time I have $3-400 for a road trip to snow,gets kinda spendy
    If I lived in the hills or on the east side it would definitely happen.