JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need a good smith to muzzle thread a new, not yet installed rifle barrel for me. I am planning to go to NFA suppressors in the future but I am planning on building and using this rifle before that time

I'm also looking for a barrel bore chroming service.. or a "nitriding" treatment. Any suggestions?

Was hoping for someone local because I only have two of these unique and very accurate barrels and cannot afford to lose one in shipping, but if I have to send it out they are on my list. Thanks for the input !

Was hoping for someone local because I only have two of these unique and very accurate barrels and cannot afford to lose one in shipping, but if I have to send it out they are on my list. Thanks for the input !

These being unique you can't afford to have them done wrong either, if you have them done by Tornado they will be done correct period.

call Mary's Pistol in Tacoma and get the number for the smith next door. I was talking with him last week and his is old school traded by a old german master smith. I think he can do it or he should know who can.

Talk to Jim at Westcoast Armory. He has done some threading for me and did an excellent job. It might be far away, too far, but he may have a suggestion of someone. And he would definitely know who does good work. 425-641-2877

dr

I believe it is...

Bolle and Tammaro GUN Smithing
4040 S Tyler St, Tacoma, WA 98409
(253) 531-2930

And I will likely not do any business with them. I showed him a 45 acp i have an told me my trigger was "as rough as a cob. It needs a trigger job" for only 125.00 dollars. I ask another smith I know he tryed it and said he kind iif liked the trigger and give it about a 1000 rounds to workits self out and it should be fine . We tested my trigger with the trigger pull scale twice and it has precisely 4 lbs 13oz pull. i anit changing anything. I think Bob saw me as an easy 125.00 bucks. but I am not quite that naive.
That soured me on him.

I think you would have been money ahead if you paid $125 instead of bought 1,000 rds of ammo. In the end they both would have accomplished the same thing.

But I have had good luck with John Treakle out of Port Angeles, he has threaded 6 or 7 rifles for my and always does great work and is quick, same day if I set it up with him, or never more then a week if I just drop it off.

That's too bad. I've never dealt with them. I just knew they were next to Mary pistol, and must be who they were talking about.

As far as an easy 125 bucks. I can understand a company wanting to make money. When people bring cars into me and say they need something done. If it's a maintenance item I usually just do as they ask ie early fluid changes If they say it needs new brakes and I check and it doesn't need them for a while I tell them. But also look for things that actually do need attention.

Adding to the mix here...and quite a bit south...I would highly recommend Mike Blatt (541-580-6371) in Roseburg, OR. He's done five rifles for me so far; the quality of his machining work is second to none. Reasonable rates and decent turnaround also.

Does Tornado do barrel re-profiling? Or anyone else in N. Oregon? I know ADCO in Ohio does good work, but I hate the thought of shipping 2 barrels & waiting an extra 2 weeks for transit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top