JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Materpiece revolvers are beautiful! The old Smith & Wesson boxes they came in were really something too! Thick walls and heavy-duty metal fasteners on all four corners.

The Materpiece revolvers are beautiful! The old Smith & Wesson boxes they came in were really something too! Thick walls and heavy-duty metal fasteners on all four corners.
I just picked up a excellent condition 1972 combat masterpiece model 67 last month from one of my local shops. No box and original grips had been changed out for correct vintage target grips but I got it for only $460. The N frames went up in price first then the k frame magnums were next now I'm seeing the Masterpiece k frames going up. nice part is not all of the local gun shops have figured this out yet.

I have in mind matching the k38 Target Masterpiece I have with a Combat Masterpiece. They are both fine pistols and I like the idea of crossover training with near identical pistols with same frame, triggers, and hammers. The models 14,15, and 67 are all outstanding and nearly the same gun. Model 15 Combat Masterpiece was the favorite of a lot of cops for a long time. The Air Force security guys guarding missile silos and SAC bases carried them too, I believe.

I have in mind matching the k38 Target Masterpiece I have with a Combat Masterpiece. They are both fine pistols and I like the idea of crossover training with near identical pistols with same frame, triggers, and hammers. The models 14,15, and 67 are all outstanding and nearly the same gun. Model 15 Combat Masterpiece was the favorite of a lot of cops for a long time. The Air Force security guys guarding missile silos and SAC bases carried them too, I believe.
I also bought a model 18-3 combat masterpiece just before Xmas for a companion to the 67 no dash. I did have to pay a bit more for it but in excellent condition to. It's the one on the right.

IMG_20170107_170820432.jpg

I paid $895 for it. I would say "including tax," but we don't have that in Oregon. ;)

OUCH! Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket??

I bought one of those in 1976 technically second hand but NIB at a pawn shop with standard grips for $142.15...in Washington at the time, with tax. I understand inflation, supply and demand, appreciation and all that but ho-lee-carp! Over 6X more in only 41 years! Sheesh! I don't think I know anyone whose income jumped 6X in that time frame. Certainly not me. 3X or 4X higher price I guess I could see but 6X??
Huck probably got a decent deal in today's world. I don't mean to ridicule him or what he paid in anyway. I'm just bemoaning what is happening to my country and the economy.
Maybe we finally ARE getting all the government we pay for.

BTW Huck, congrats on the buy. You'll love it. And if trends continue :eek: it'll be worth almost $6K in 40 years! Likely WAY more if our "friends" in gummint convert it into an assault weapon.:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top